does holley make a huge filter like the lightning one

FINICKY

Established Member
im starting to thinke that the stock size filter is to small for all this horsepower..ive seen people say that they use a huge filter for the lightning ....does holley make a filter like this

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by FINICKY
im starting to thinke that the stock size filter is to small for all this horsepower..ive seen people say that they use a huge filter for the lightning ....does holley make a filter like this

The filter setup used in the Sept issue of 5.0 was for a lightning that had the 12" filter.

What adapter piece did they use to bolt it on??

:thumbsup:

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
It was for a 2001 lightning. They used a 90mm MAF adapter and a clamp on K&N. This setup goes for around $200. Not worth it in my opinion. Just use the regular K&N with no silencer. I'll wait for someone to build the full cold air intake and reap the real gains.

Last edited:

jtfx6552

Established Member
I measured from the front end of the maf to the inside of the front of the inner fender, it is about 10 1/4 to 10 3/8 inches. I'd love to see how people are fitting in the 12 inch long cone filter everyone is talking about. Maybe you can scrunch up the tube that runs from the maf to the throttle body, but that seems counter productive. K&N does make a 9 inch long cone, I have one on the way, it costs about the same as the one that goes in the factory housing ($44.95). An accufab MAF to filter adapter is about $49.99, I ordered one from some place in FLA http://www.need-4-speed.com/accufab.htm, anyway that makes the net cost 49.99 more than putting the factory replacement element in the stock air box.
JT

Users who are viewing this thread