DOesn't anyone make aftermarket hood insulators?

silvercoffin

Established Member
I just bought a new one after my first got really ugly from water damage and then was finished off by my belt and broken pulley that flew around the engine bay ripping things up before flying out the back of the car.

I bought the new one for $90 from FOrd. I found one for $60 from the Ford Parts Network, but after shipping it would have been more than the dealers price..

I was going to cut out the vents...in fact I did on my old one and no matter what I did it looked bad. The way its made where its curved its not glued together so it will separate no matter how you cut it.

Im really surprised that no one makes aftermarket hood insulators for mustangs. I found a company that does them for Vettes. I emailed them and will see what they say.

I want a hood insulator that is designed to have cut outs for the complete vent and the word cobra in color or better yet a CObra Emblem and SVT Terminator underneath..

Anyone have any ideas on who might make something like this for me?:rockon:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Where it is seperated and frayed from cutting, you just have to cover with flex trim or something similar. Mine turned out great using the stuff... might wanna give it a try...

Users who are viewing this thread