Don't order a Diablo Predator

akaeric

Established Member
Don't order a Predator yet for a 2004 Cobra Diablo hasn't wrote the program yet. RPM4Outlet.com is selling them for Cobras 2003 to 2004 and I bought one and found out Diablo hasn't writing the program for a 2004 yet and it want be out for at least 2 weeks so I have a Predator now that I have to wait for a couple of weeks and they will send me a free pickup to program it I figured that would be easier than sending it back tp RPM and then buy it again latter because they have the best price of $359.00 but they sneek in a 180 degree PowerStat for $11.32 with out asking I guess thats thier way of getting more money for it. I thought they were a good site they have good stuff but they can't be trusted. I am close to calling them a thief!:burn:

lethal

Established Member
Specifically, Don't order a predator for your 2004 now / don't order from RPM4Outlet at all.

The hardware will work fine, its just a program, they'll get it.

John

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Wow, another rip on RPMouthouse.

I could not be more happy that I paid $419 to James at RWTD for my Predator and received far more than that in friendly service and several custom tunes. That is worth the $60 difference, over and over and over.

I got my Lightning Predator from Sal. It was 419, but it came with all the data cables and stuff, and one custom tune. Like the above said, a reputable tuner is far better than RPMoutlet.

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
No problem with RPMoutlet here...they have saved me much $$$$ and have provided excellent service. There seems to be a big rivalry on this board between RPMoutlet and Amazon based on privious threads. :beer:

SNAKESWINGER

Established Member
I dont think their is any rivalry. People post their experiences and let the cards fall where they may. Good service is good service, bad service and misrepresenting items and being misleading is bad. You live by the internet ,you die by the internet, its your choice.

mixedup

Established Member
? for ya - with 03 there were a number of computer codes during the prodution year and yet only 1 predator - so what makes it that they must have a new tune for the 04s?

For what it is worth, my 03 predator pully tune is lean at low RPMs and rich above 4000 rpms - so I gotta get a custom tune anyways - still like the predator better than a chip - no mailing of chip - just emailing files.

lethal

Established Member
Originally posted by mixedup
? for ya - with 03 there were a number of computer codes during the prodution year and yet only 1 predator - so what makes it that they must have a new tune for the 04s?

For what it is worth, my 03 predator pully tune is lean at low RPMs and rich above 4000 rpms - so I gotta get a custom tune anyways - still like the predator better than a chip - no mailing of chip - just emailing files.

I was wondering that as well. Essentially, the Predator (as explained to me by Johan) modifies the stock tune by:

1. Downloading the original tune (YDH0, YDH1, or the other two) into the memory of the Predator.

2. The WOT tables are adjusted and overlayed onto the stock tune, as well as any user configured changes.... fuel, timing, etc.

3. The user uploads a tune that is part stock, part Diablos changes.

The hardware is done. I'm sure for Diablo's own protection, they will verify the new 04's will still work, and change the 03 Predator to an 03/04 Predator. However, since I have not been back up there, I'm not 100% sure. I know when they were testing the device (03 version) on my car and four other '03s in our car club. They may just need some 04 owners to help them out.

John

akaeric

Established Member
Driving a 2004 compared to my 2003 is like night and day I don't know whats the differants but the 2004 is amuch sweeter car and tighter than my 2003. I ordered a Predator for my 2003 from Predator no problems. There is a code or ID number on the 2004 ECU thats differant from the 2003 it might just be a number or code change but the program is still the same. I talked direct to Diablo's tech and he said they don't have the program at all for the 2004 until about 2 weeks so no matter where you get the Predator from it still want work on a 2004 yet.

King03Cobra

Established Member
I could not be more happy that I paid $419 to James at RWTD for my Predator and received far more than that in friendly service and several custom tunes. That is worth the $60 difference, over and over and over.

Absolutely, James treats everyone like you are his only customer. I have nothing but good things to say about his customer service and response.

akaeric

Established Member
Where or what other tuner do you use or recommand and I have to leave on the internet I don't live in a big city or state like Cal. so I don't have any speed shops where I live other than Hilton Head Island SC I live in a rural area the closes cities is Sav.,GA. or Charleston,SC and there aren't any shops there so what site do you recommand? I know theres anoher tuner out there but I can't find it.

Users who are viewing this thread