Don'tcha love the look on their faces...

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
...when they get smoked by a "Mustang" :D.

I made a stop at the store, on the way home from work. I took the long way because we are having FABULOUS weather, here in South Texas. Mid 70s, not a cloud in the sky, no humidity and a nice cool breeze. The four cam has been loving it. Next to the store is a dental office and I see a guy getting into a late 80s Porsche 911 Targa, top off.

I hustle to get the snake fired up while he pulls out onto the thoroughfare. It's 4:30 (today) and there is spotty traffic. I finally catch him at a light (each of us have two cars ahead of us) and notice that his 11 to 13 year old daughter (girlfriend? j/k :D) in the passenger seat. She looks down her nose at the plebian American car as her father is obviously talking "cars" to her. I couldn't hear him over the Limp Bizkit pounding on the MACH 460 (even though both our windows were open).

My lane gets out of the light quicker and he pulls in behind me. I think nothing of it until the next lane opens up and as I squirt through, he guns it and follows. He stays on my ass until we get to the access road for the highway we are both heading for and I make the mental committment to "hit it" when we get there. There is only one car in front of us, so as we merge with the access road I stand on it in second gear (around 3,000 RPM), go around the last car, and he follows.

He hung right on my bumper until I hit 5,000 RPM (about 60) and then I walked him about three lengths. After I shifted to third (at 80) I basically ran away from him and I stayed all-the-way into it until 4th (at 115) when I was entering the on ramp. At that point I was a good 12 to 15 lengths ahead and, even as I braked, he stayed in it and as he approached, I saw some smoke (from his corner exhaust) as he let off. The daughter's scowl was now a beaming smile as they pulled up next to me and we gave each other thumbs up.

Ah, newfound respect for American muscle from the German sportscar clique. I love it!

morrisc

Established Member
I love it. I beat a 911 non turbo pretty bad the other day. The guy said ther was no way that would happen again so I sprayed him and really handed him his ass.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
man don't lie jimbo...You know you were driving a GoCart!! :D

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Thanks, dude. I like the German import kills because the Cobra/LS1 crowd generally knows each other and knows what each can do. The older model Porsche/BMW/MB crowd, doesn't (usually)...:D

KINGPIN

Established Member
At least you got the guy to race you. I have a hard time getting those types to even acknowledge my existence. Good kill.
Jeff

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Yeah, Jeff, I know what you mean. I've had a Boxster and a newer Carrera S4 pass on stoplight encounters (and I really wanted to see if I could hang with the S4...).

As for the Targa, I don't think he would have "raced" if we were side-by-side. I did like seeing him continuously falling back in the mirror, while giving it all he had, btw...:D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread