Drive or tow home (4 hr drive)

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
I remember the part in the movie Bullitt, right before the epic chase scene, when Steve McQueen asked, "How do I keep from getting bugs, nicks and chips on my hood and windshield?" Best part of the movie IMO!

Vigilante375

Established Member
If your car is going to be a garage queen......trailer. Other than that, man up and drive the damn thing.....you're starting to be like the ZL1 douches that never drive their cars.

46-062

Established Member
A Colgan does not necessarily protect better. That leather thing on your hood vibrating away with sand and anything else the road kicks up underneath it.

Maybe you only drive your car for a couple miles when you take it out. If that's the case, and that works for you. Then good for you

I drive mine- alot. And the Colgan will scratch the crap out of my hood.

That's your opinion, and I will have to agree to disagree.

Leather thing on the hood? My Colgan Bra doesn't have an air dam or spoiler on it. Nothing flaps at 100MPH and if it's clean when you put it on a clean car, there's no dirt or sand between it and the paint. It covers part of the vinyl stripe on the hood of my Mach 1 and the soft vinyl is completely unmarked.

I've driven all over the Western part of the United States with the Colgan. The longest single trip was 2,600 miles.

Is it a pain to use? Much more so than a clear bra, but the nose of my car is perfect while I've replaced two front plates after they were dented by stones.

2013gt5

Established Member
I guess I like to take care of my toys more than some people. Doesn't mean Its going to sit in the garage all the time. And A dub, I am well aware of the love bugs. Seeing the car look like this when I get it home is not what I want to see. And they very well can damage the paint.
ScionLoveBugs2010May.jpg

brianz426

Established Member

46-062

Established Member
Drive the car home and enjoy it. If you are worried about bugs or chips buy some road wrap. Protective Film : New Car Paint Protection : Paint Protector : Automobile Paint Protection : BuyRoadWrap.com A friend of mine bought a 2002 Roush Mustang and drove it from Florida to Maryland. He put the Road Wrap on before he left and took it off when he got home. The front of the car was perfect just like when he left. He's glad he didn't trailer it, it was the best road trip he'd ever been on.

Says the guy towing a Mustang in his avatar.:rolling::rolling::rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread