driveshaft

racermatt

Established Member
I would say yes for 2 reasons. First, less rotating mass equals faster acceleration. Second, If you add a upper 3rd link and LCA's you can get a clunk from the slop in the factory driveshaft. This solves that problem as well.

So would I recommend this as your first mod, no. But, it is definitely one that should be on your list as you improve your Stang. Happy Modding!

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
I would say yes for 2 reasons. First, less rotating mass equals faster acceleration. Second, If you add a upper 3rd link and LCA's you can get a clunk from the slop in the factory driveshaft. This solves that problem as well.

So would I recommend this as your first mod, no. But, it is definitely one that should be on your list as you improve your Stang. Happy Modding!

i do have an upper link an i do have a clunk now that you mention it.

jmfrost

Established Member
I can't wait to get mine from steeda, but what are the specs mattracer on the steeda DS that yall offer. I've looked on other websites and they have specs for what it can handle horse power, and torque wise, as well as everything else. Do yall have the specs?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
The Driveshaft Shop has an impressive new offering. It is pricey, $799, but it is supposed to be completely vibration free. That is an issue for me as I drive this car every day and I do not want any vibration introduced.

Mike

davidhuff

Established Member
The Driveshaft Shop has an impressive new offering. It is pricey, $799, but it is supposed to be completely vibration free. That is an issue for me as I drive this car every day and I do not want any vibration introduced.

Mike
That is a great looking driveshaft and that is the way I would go.

BlackMamba3

Established Member
My choice would be Dynotech but I know alot of guys are running a DSS one and love it. Anything is better than the stock 2 piece unit. It's a god damn boat anchor.

s174

trooper speed
Established Member
I had issues with shaftmasters vibrating, they're a great company to work with though, no issues on the return. They had stopped selling them for a while but I believe they have them back on their site. I looked into the DSS and Dynotech, called Lethal and they told me they had less complaints with the Dynotech and for me since Shelby used them on their Supersnakes I went with Dynotech. Installed and no harmonic humm. As far as for my car, I can say it ran 11.77 with and 11.95 without. Others have reported similar to no gains. Hope this helps...

Last edited:

dg98gt

Established Member
I've gotten a shaftmasters and love it! I did a bunch of other stuff at the same time, so it's hard to say if I had any acceleration benefit.

-Derrick

Users who are viewing this thread