Drove the 05 yesterday

AzDropTop

Established Member
We had our SVTOA meeting in Phoenix yesterday at Pioneer Ford. Following the meeting we had the chance to drive the new GT. My overall impression is that Ford did a great job with the new stang! The interior is very nice, seats are excellent,but seemed to sit too low; I didn't try to badjust them however. The shifter is a lot better than my 99 and the 03/04 guys said they liked it better as well. The car felt very solid and sits nicely. Seemed to be more blind spots and the hood seemed kind of long from the drivers seat too. It was solid with good acceleration and more torque then I expected down low, ( must be the gears ) the exhaust note is nice, but was missing the d/s muffler and tailpipe so we didn't get a 'real' feeling for the sound. I would say my Cobra 'feels' faster and it is hard to imagine the 05 going 13.5, but people have been doing it so? If I had the opportunity to trade the cobra for it I would pass. Nice car, very nice, but not nice enough to drop the cobra. Glad ford did it right! :beer:

Last edited:

bishopsales

Performance Lug Nut
Established Member
What a wickid ride they are. I love mine!

IT feels alot stiffer and much more smoother. I have completed the complete SYQ conversion and now she really flys!

Jeff Dann

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
what the hell is SYQ conversion ? it must have some really big wings to fly evidentually you haven't strapped yourself into one of the 03-04 "rocket" cobras and with a few mods becomes space ships lol

bishopsales

Performance Lug Nut
Established Member
icu812 said:
what the hell is SYQ conversion ? it must have some really big wings to fly evidentually you haven't strapped yourself into one of the 03-04 "rocket" cobras and with a few mods becomes space ships lol

An SYQ is Steeda's flagship car. http://www.steeda.com/PR/Products/SYQ/SYQ.htm

I have drove lots of cobras, built a few as well. Great cars! My friend has one that we put a whipple on it. 547 rwhp! Great rides.

I should be installing a whipple on my car early next year to give it a bite!

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Machinator said:
I will wait for the cobra, besides there are some recalls on the 05's.

Wrong car you are thinking about. There are recalls on the 2005 GT...NOT the 2005 Mustang GT.

a94cobra

Established Member
I drove a blue GT yesterday. I had also driven a Bullitt the day before.

The 05 is very nice. The shifter is closer the driver. Seats are comfortable. Lots of leg room. More leg room and much better seats in the rear. But the rear still lacks headroom for 6ft tall people. Trunk looks a tad smaller. At first glance the side mirrors are huge. But they look good on the car so one would get used to seeing so much of the car you just passed.

On to performance. I didn't do any smokey burnouts, but did give it some gas. It drove well. Very smooth at all times. The performance seemed about what the Bullitt was I drove the day before. At least by the seat of the pants. I have also driven a Mach 1 recently. The Mach 1 seemed to have more balls that the 05 GT.

I guess I expected more out the 3v 300hp 4.6l. But it was a good running machine. Hit the rev limiter a time or two. Used to my 6800rpm limit. I think I like the car, now just have to wait on a Cobra!

DSG03Snake

Established Member
SVThopeful said:
I had one for a weekend and it was the best Mustang I have ever driven.
I second this, best I've driven as well (all around anyway, not straight line). I've owned a 02 Gt, 03 Cobra and driven my friends 66 so that is saying smoething.

AzDropTop

Established Member
DSG03Snake said:
I second this, best I've driven as well (all around anyway, not straight line). I've owned a 02 Gt, 03 Cobra and driven my friends 66 so that is saying smoething.

Cool sig pic you got there! :banana:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
AzDropTop said:
It was solid with good acceleration and more torque then I expected down low, ( must be the gears )

The rear has 3:55's but the outer tire diameter is over an inch larger then the 04's effectively reducing it right about back to the equivilant of a 3:27

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
if it was an auto, ill bet the better ratios in the 5 speed are what gives it that additional torque compaired to the older gt's

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
Machinator said:
Yes there is wait and see.

well there should be a recall for idiots because then you wouldn't be around
How can you say there ARE recalls, even though there havent been any, because you think there will be? Are you some great industry insider perhaps? Probably not, judging by your intelligence :loser:

Users who are viewing this thread