Dual Mufflers

GMAN93Lightning

Established Member
I was planning on getting a dual mufler exhaust system. Y it off from the cat conv and going back to two mufflers and the out the back. My buddy told me this might hurt me in hp is this true? and does anyone else thing it would look good out the back?

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
I wouldn't run it out the back...you'll look like every other shitbox pickup out there. Put it out the side!

GMAN93Lightning

Established Member
lol i hear you man....but i dunno...i kinda like the idea of it bein out the back i know it would look like the rest but i like that better for some reason.... and still need to know if it would affect my hp...oh and off topic i just ran my L in the 1/4 again and ive picked up a second....15.45 down to 14.48 :burnout:

Last edited:

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
damn. what did you do to gain a second? i really want to be in the 14's. mid 14's would be sweet!

GMAN93Lightning

Established Member
A bunch of small stuff like exhaust throttle body mass air intake and a cheap ass e fan that doesnt fit that great but still works somewhat....i also altered my intake to come down beside the fan this gives it a little cooler air in my opinion....my advice is this is all good but dont waste money on the throttle body didnt see much difference....lol still lookin to see about that hp situation with the mufflers?????

GMAN93Lightning

Established Member
Well i just now found a second muffler on my truck its tucked up above the other one haha so there goes that idea...ive been under that truck probably 8 or 9 times in the 6 months ive had it and have never seen that other muffler.....this wasnt stock? was the stock one in two out? just wondering...another thing why cant i post on nloc?

arods93snake

1 of 185
Established Member
All Gen 1 Lightnings have true dual exhaust! They have FRPP shorty headers, dual y-pipes w/4 Hi-flow cats (2 each side) and dual mufflers with twin pipes all the way out. Strange thing is that it starts with twin 2-1/2" pipes to the mufflers then comes out with twin 2" inchers all they back. It is actually a very good free flowing system. I kept the original just in case I sell but I upgraded to a full Basani system (Headers to pipes). It was, however, quite expensive. Too expensive if you ask me! Good luck!

Arod

scootro

Established Member
my 94 has flowmasters welded together and then dump off right behind the passenger side door.......sounds pretty good, but i'm not a big fan of flowmasters. i would like to have bassanis...............

scootro

Established Member
i hate the look of tail pipes coming out the back. on our trucks..........dump them is the best choice..........or side exhaust like the gen two's look cool......

roostracing

Established Member
GMAN93Lightning said:
A bunch of small stuff like exhaust throttle body mass air intake and a cheap ass e fan that doesnt fit that great but still works somewhat....i also altered my intake to come down beside the fan this gives it a little cooler air in my opinion....my advice is this is all good but dont waste money on the throttle body didnt see much difference....lol still lookin to see about that hp situation with the mufflers?????

that seems like a whole lot of time with just minor mods....is there something else you arent mentioning? no pullies?...no headers?...no stall?...air intake or intake manifold? just curious cause thats alot of time for those mods.

Users who are viewing this thread