Dyno #'s with the new Heads

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
For all that wondered, I recently got my heads replaced from ford for the ticking sound. I went and dynoed 2 days prior and put down 399 at the wheels. Well I just went today and got dynoed again and put down 407 at the wheels. Weather conditions were the same too. These are corrected numbers....uncorrected for the 407 is like 420

MODS -

Steeda CAI
MRT Catted H
Magnapack Catback

Last edited:

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Any chance you could post curves?

Change of 8 hp is about 2%. Not sure if this is significant or not.

Have read there is a lot of variability in cam timing on these engines. Having the cams indexed in properly can definitely create more power, even if there's no change in flow with new heads.

Did you get to see what the old head looked like? Any ovbvious valve or valve seat damage?

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Meridian performance...I can post the graphs but one is uncorrected but I had them show me them corrected...the 399 will post corrected and the 420(407) will be uncorrected

Rick

THIS ONE IS BEFORE ... THIS ONE IS AFTER

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
I believe Rick put on a 2.76 for Run 6.

I just dropped my car off for the new heads. Good news to hear!

DitchTehFish

Established Member
PhillyCobra said:
Did you get to see what the old head looked like? Any ovbvious valve or valve seat damage?

I just got my car back, but didn't have a chance to look at the old heads. However, some people reported scarring of the pistons and cylinders from the old heads as a result of the "tick." The tech said he didn't see any scarring on my motor, which was a relief. I'm going to put a few more miles on my car before I hit the dyno to compare. It doesn't tick anymore, I know that for sure! It feels like it runs a lot better, now that could all be in my head. :lol1: I'll eventually post the results...

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
In all actuality, I am just glad to not see a loss at all....1 hp is better than a loss of 5....or more..

Rick

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
RickSvt said:
In all actuality, I am just glad to not see a loss at all....1 hp is better than a loss of 5....or more..

Rick

You totally stole that line from me!!!!! :loser:

Users who are viewing this thread