Dynoed my Cars

Terry Moenich

Established Member
I dynoed my Saleen Super charged S281 and My )) Cobra R

The Cobra R made 378.8 Ho and 387.9 Torque With a 11.8 A/F ratio. The only mod I have done is the Bassani high flow cats

Please let me know how this compares to other 00 R dyno results. This was on a dyno jet dyno

For comparison, supercharged S281 started out making 282 HP and 365 Torque. After a Bassani high flow cats system( it comes from Saleen with a Borla cat back) A smaller blower pully to make 10 PSI and a cold air induction Kit (Mac) and 3.73 gears( don't mean anything on the dyno but does at the track), it made 324 HP and 414 Torque.

JoeJ

Established Member
Terry,

My 2000 Cobra R dyno 382 HP and 394 torque. This was taken after installing the Bassani exhausts. I picked up 35 hp and 37 ft-lbs torque with the new exhaust.

XLR8-R

Established Member
Joe and Terry, Do either of you have a custom chip also or is this with the stock computer? 11.8 a/f is rich right? I wonder if this is optimum?

Carter

JoeJ

Established Member
Yes, I installed a new computer chip. It was furnished by R.A.C.E. systems in California. It has a four way switch to change the timing if you are running race fuel. I have not dynoed the car since I installed it. I always run it in position no 1. It also took out the shift retard and adjusted the speedometer for the 4.10 gears that I am running.

I am very happy with the results. The engine seems to run a bit better. Not sure if I gained any HP or torque.

Andy M

Established Member
Terry,

I have the Bassani exhaust like Joe does, but with a different (single position custom chip from Houston Performance) and mine dyno'd at 370 HP and 375 torque at the wheels. I have changed my gears from 3.55 to 3.73 and it pulls noticably stronger with the mods so far. First and second will roast the tires if you are on the throttle too hard, and at the track - third gear has a whole new purpose in life!! :D

Terry Moenich

Established Member
Dean, don't sell the 95"R's short, with some work, I know a combo for those that can make the same numbers with a 351 naturally asperated, with only a head and cam change!

Joe, does this R.A.C.E place have and e-mail or web site?

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by Terry Moenich
Dean, don't sell the 95"R's short, with some work, I know a combo for those that can make the same numbers with a 351 naturally asperated, with only a head and cam change!

Terry,

check em out at www.racesystems.com

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Originally posted by Terry Moenich

I know and it will come in due time. Thanks for the encouragement.

Users who are viewing this thread