Dynomax catback in!

SVTyballz

Established Member
Wooohooooo! My Cobra sounds like it has a V-8 in it now! Got the box at 1:00 pm, installed at my friends shop with a lift by 2:45 (had to wait an hour for another job to get done) back at my desk at 3:00. It is Dynomax Catback kit #19314 FYI. Not bad for a 2 hour lunch huh??

My impressions: Car still needs long tube headers and an off-road pipe, but at least it sounds better now. No huge increase in power I think, but that wasn't the goal with this mod. I have always used Dynomax Race Magnum mufflers and this kit fit perfectly. I had to cut one of the tubes 2.5 inches but that was in the directions. It has a nice deep rumble, no drone, and none of that Flowmaster cackle on downshifts. I should be able to get some sounds clips if anyone wants to hear them. But personally, I would rather wait until I get the long tubes in before I make any sound clips. The car definitely sounds meaner now.

gary

SVTyballz

Established Member
I'll make a clip tommorrow. should be able to get it out in the afternoon. Burned about 1/2 a tank of gas tonight, I am liking this sound more and more. nothing against you magnaflow and flowmaster fans but I think Dynomax is the shiite. If any one is thinking of this kit, Summitracing.com has the best price. And there is a 10% discount code. I have it at work, but if you search either here or corral.net you can find the code. BTW, this is the only 3" catback I found. I'm planning on being at 500-550 HP, so a 3" system should work well.

gary

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTyballz
I'll make a clip tommorrow. should be able to get it out in the afternoon. Burned about 1/2 a tank of gas tonight, I am liking this sound more and more. nothing against you magnaflow and flowmaster fans but I think Dynomax is the shiite. If any one is thinking of this kit, Summitracing.com has the best price. And there is a 10% discount code. I have it at work, but if you search either here or corral.net you can find the code. BTW, this is the only 3" catback I found. I'm planning on being at 500-550 HP, so a 3" system should work well.

gary

Got to hear it, I have goose bumps
:cryying:

SonicBlue03

Established Member
Any luck getting a sound clip put together? I'm really interested in a good 3" system.

Users who are viewing this thread