e303 or b303

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I bought some OEM style springs made by trickflow...I think they were .550 lift rated springs.

Got them out of Summit for $130 I think. included seals, new locks and keepers as well.

Lee

Cobra Steve

Established Member
Hey Lee, quick question. Did you install your B straight up or advanced? I have heavilly ported the heads on the exaust side and have a stock AOD(for now). Might be getting a stall soon, but I want to run it 1/4 first.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I installed mine straight up. I read somewhere that recommended a couple of degrees (like 4) advanced. I wished I could remember where.:(

May want to post in the 5.0 section of stangnet or corral and see what those guys recommend.

Lee

by the way I met a guy a couple of months ago (saw him this past weekend also) running a 'e' cam, longtubes, stock computer, stock MAF, and 3.73's. He is running 12.70's @ 106 on e.t. streets!:eek:

Last edited:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
That's good...I can't get below a 13.6 with all my mods minus nitrous on E.T. drags. Car doesn't have enough power on just motor to pull below 1.9 60ft's. I think the 162k miles is starting to affect it!

trey193

Established Member
I support the E for sure in the 93 Cobras, I had the E with good valve springs, untouched heads and intake, Longtubes Full exhaust, 3.55's, A9L computer and C&L 76, with 2755015 drag radials and skinny's up front I went 12.85 @108 with a 1.92 60ft, with more practice better 60fts and harder launches the car would have went 12.60's easy and most likely 12.50's with slicks, but the car was to nice only had 18,000 miles, these cars run with a computer and meter and camshaft change!

Cobra Steve

Established Member
Just got done installing the B in my car yesterday. One problem though, it is cutting out a little at 4700-4800. I think it might be plugs, I installed old plugs that I had laying around cause they were a hotter range. Sounds good at idle though!:)

satx

Banned
anyone in colorado feel like porting a set of GT-40 heads and intake and installing my e cam for fun?:)

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
My stock one took an LS1 from about 15 mph to 80 mph. But the driver really sucked. My brother has an LS1 and I am about even with him up to about 70 mph then he leaves me. We were driving on the interstate last weekend about 85 or so. He decided to pass me and there was nothing I could do. I had it on the floor going 110 mph when I shut down and he was pulling away pretty fast.

trey193

Established Member
My car would take most LS1's from a roll, although ones with a few mods would walk off up top, my car would go 108 in the 1/4 and most LS1 6speed cars with a few mods go 109-112 in the 1/4, that dont seem like much but from a roll on the hwy its a couple of cars!

tommygun

Established Member
The problem with the B-cam and 1.7s in the duration with the smaller cc GT40 heads. With new springs and shifting under 6K you should be OK, but go with the Ecam and make the same hp and more hp/tq in teh mid range. F303 is a power adder cam

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
I would use the e-cam. You need to remember to match you cam with your rear end gears. As far as torque band. I have had both cam's and have preferred the e-cam to the b. Not enough of a power difference between them to sacrifice idle quality.

Users who are viewing this thread