Eaton Blower on 2001 Cobra

SVTHorsnake

Banned
I have a 2001 Mustang Cobra and I just bought an Eaton blower off a Lightning (I think it's an M90 but it may be a 112?). I talked to a few guys about installation and I don't think it should be too hard but I was wondering if anybody had any ideas as to how to get the fan belt routed as the alternator sits at the top of the block as apposed to the '03s where they sit on the side of the block. Can I just loop a longer fan belt up to the blower and then to my alternator??? Also, this blower's throttle body was designed to sit on the top again, as apposed to the '03 Cobras' which sits in back. Should I use a basic Lightning throttle body? If not what should I do?

Thanks alot and keep kicking ass

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
The entire inlet is different on the Cobra vs. the Lightning. However, it is the same blower. If I'm not mistaken, you can swap the inlet plumbing to the rear entry style that came on the Cobra. As for the alt. I'd get the bracket that relocates the SC to the 2003 location. Moving it should be easier than trying to loop the belt and hope everything spins in the right direction.

Once again. The SC from the L should be able to take the inlet plumbing and top plate off. Then replace with the rear entry 2003 Cobra stuff. It's the same blower, so in theory it should work. Keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread