eBay: Rare Ford SVT Dealer Training 94 Cobra 94 Lightning

jwfisher

Banned
Link to eBay

Note: this is for sale only thru eBay - I cannot accept any offer outside of there.

=========================

For the SVT Collector and Enthusiast

Authentic, Original, & Extremely Rare SVT Dealer Training Materials as taught at Bondurant

Original Dealer Training Materials for the 1994 Cobra & 1994 Lightning.

For the Owner, Restorer, Collector, or Enthusiast!

Ever wonder how your SVT dealer got trained? This is the 1994 model year SVT training materials that the dealer personnel received at Bondurant. As you may know, Ford SVT took great pains to get representatives from dealers who had been chosen to handle SVT products to a series of special schools held at Bondurant - in the classroom and on the track. The great majority of these dealers had never had any exposure whatsoever to Bondurant, much less actual time spent driving performance cars on a skidpad, autocross course, and on the famous Bondurant roadcourse. I've talked to many of these folks myself, and they recieved a school they have never forgotten.

Subsequent schools may have been bigger, or in some years not run at all. You'll see a very different SVT here, much younger and a lot more optimistic about the all-new business they have started. The faces are nearly entirely different from the current ones at SVT, or even those of the last few years. Yet, they they are important to note since they are the ones who gave SVT it's lasting purpose and made sure it grew roots - inside the company as well as with it's first customers.

This is a little bit different from other SVT materials in my collection. This time, the 1" binder includes answer sheets to tests the dealers were given at Bondurant. There are no sheets detailing the products, as there were in some other schools. There are three glossy 2-sided color cards (just like you'd get at the dealership, unless you were lucky enough to get a full brochure) - one for Cobra coupe, one for Cobra convertible, and one for the Lightning.

But here is the best part, and this is what makes this auction really worthwhile to the collector. Parts of the class were filmed and put on a 14+ minute VHS videotape. You'll see the instructors teaching the students (dealer salesmen), you'll see the cars going around the track, comments from Bob Bondurant himself coveringt he importance and uniqueness of SVT, dealer reaction comments, and some of the other famous cars of Bondurant: the skid cars, the SHO instructor cars, and other vehicles out on the track. I've been to Bondurant myself, had the ride in the SHO, everything - and it's one of the best aspects of recent-day Ford history. Any Ford enthusiast would want to know all about this important part of Ford history.

The materials are authentic, original, and in great condition. I have zero interest in collecting "copies" myself and I wouldn't foist any off on fellow enthusiasts.

Be sure to check my other auctions over the next week as I add more and more items for sale! I have an extensive collection with many extra and duplicate items - ranging from SVT and Ford collectibles, books, brochures, dealer training materials, industry materials, and films. Rather than continue to accumulate hundreds more of these items (and have to put another room onto my house!), I am selling them here so that they will go to a good home of a fellow enthusiast!

My home website: http://www.jwfisher.com contains much more unique SVT material.

I accept PayPal only, and will ship securely to any of the 50 states.

Users who are viewing this thread