ECU CAN Output via OBD-II

djs197mustang

S197 Road Racer
Established Member
Looking at running a MoTeC CDL3 Club Dash Logger on my 2007 GT.

MoTeC CDL3 Track Kits

Can anyone tell me definitively if these cars have live CAN output via the OBD-II port i.e. if I connect the MoTeC via the port, will it pick up a signal for throttle position, A/F Ratio, engine temp, air temp, fuel pressure etc?

What sort of sensor data does the factory management run off, and how much of it is available via OBD?

Cheers, Dave.

01yellercobra

Established Member
That sounds like you're datalogging. If it is I'm going to say yes it will give the info you need. I know all the stuff you're asking about I can see on my older ECU. So I would imagine you can see it on the newer stuff as well. You will need to get a wideband if you want to see the A/F at WOT. The O2's only show fuel trims at idle and part throttle. The ECU bypasses them once you go WOT.

djs197mustang

S197 Road Racer
Established Member
Many thanks - but could you run a wide band O2 in the OEM harness and adjust the computer accordingly?

I have an SCT SF3 programmer coming, which will be changing a few things on the car...

01yellercobra

Established Member
No. You'll have to run the wideband seperately. I have mine set up so I can hook it up to my Xcal2 when I datalog.

Users who are viewing this thread