Ehat would cause smoke from ?

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
The breather cap.

No smoke anywhere else, just from the breather cap.

I helped my buddy put a Turbo on his Civic, w/ only 5 lbs of boost.

It detonates at around 6k with 94 octane, red line is 8k

Also smoke pours out the breather cap.

He has not even taken it up to 7k yet.

Yea, it is an Import so Im not supprised, but I want it to run so I can beat him down.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
If the turbo is used or the seals are bad it will casue it to consume massive amounts of oil. My friend put a turbo on his sohc 96 prelude and had problems with the oil lines aswell. I want to say that there is a vent from the intake to the valve cover, and if it is burning oil it very possibly could be forceing oil into the valve cover. Don't quote me on that, because I have very little experience in dealing with those motors. That could also be the reason for detonation, because there should be no reason why he should detonate that badly with 94 octane at 6000. Does he have an intercooler? Hum.... This is a great question to ask my dear friend with the rice burner about. I'll ask him and get back to you with an answer.

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
It's a 99 Si with 40,000 miles on it.

It had no kind of trouble before this.

No intercooler./Turbo is brand new.

He did hook it up to run 12lbs of boost for about 2 miles and did not take it to red line only 7k.

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
is it consuming oil at all? tell him to check his oil level and get back to me. I have a possible cause...

Users who are viewing this thread