Electronic Exhaust Cutouts???

03 stallion

turbo dreams........
Established Member
Hey all,

Running factory manifolds, h-pipe and all plumbing out 2 1/2 inch Vortechs and 3 inch tips right now on my 03 Mach 1. Looking to go midlength headers, aftermarket H-pipe and Borla XR-1 Shootout mufflers down the road. At that point I'm considering installing Electronic Exhaust Cutouts w/dumps before the cats so I can run open headers w/the flick of a switch. My question...is there any way to do this without causing the air sensors to throw on a check engine light? Would installing the MILF eliminators designed for off road pipes solve my problem? Looking to keep the cats for street but the cutouts would be a nice touch for track or just to scare the hell out of the honda's.

:thumbsup:
-Dan

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
I am sorry! MILF eliminators? LMAO :lol1:

Umm ya mean M.I.L. malfunction indicator lamp not uh well I dont think I should spell what MILF stands for.

Sorry I just busted out laughing.

Now back to your thread.

:beer:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Mil Eliminators are just sending an Enhanced signal to the computer.

I had Mil's on my Cobra but the Check Engine Light still came on. Also got the chance to see them work on an OBII Scanner by MacTools.....The Rear 02Sensor's are still working to give the computer info.

Not sure if the MIL will help but for what 45bucks....it doesnt hurt to try.....Sorry couldnt be more informative. Im sure some one might have an answer.

scottgekko

Established Member
my dad put the electronic cutouts on his '66 chevelle SS396 and to be honest its the meanest sounding thing ever...like a racecar. I really wouldnt know what a 4.6 would sound like, just cause nothing beats the sound of a big block, but i'd like to see it done just to know...

Users who are viewing this thread