engine and possibley tran swap in my 66f250

mharring

I am really thinking about putting a 3.0 or 3.2 yamaha SHO engine in my 66 f250. im now stranger to wrenches im professional mechanic on huge mining equipment so ill be doing my own work so please keep the negative comments to minimal. I wana put one of these engine in my 66 beacause the other options are just way to expensive. building a 352,360,390,427,or 428 FE are so expensive 429 and 460 are huge boat anchors and i hate carbuerators any ways! im not a big fan of older FE engines and really hate the 429 and 460 gas hogs!
i had a 93 sho when i was 16 i could dust alota cars in that old car. i love this engine i had a 97 sho as well but it wasnt as fast as my 93. i wana do this swap because i think it would be unique and run really good! all also be building a twin turbo set up for it while its on the ground. but i need some technical data!

does a mustand T5 or a a4od tranny bolt up to this engineor any other transmission?
is there some sort of aftermarket ECM kit to run this engine so i dont have to mess with the donor cars wiring harness?
simply how much boost can this engine handle?
what kinda HP gains i can expect from this engine with twin turbo on pump gas at around 7 to 12 psi of boost?

im hoping to see around 350hp on this swap(ive seen vids on you tube where there pusing 400+ on 16psi and have no idea what it takes to get these engine to support that or where to get performance partseither) ill be doing a f100 swap as well on the axles to get rid of that huge dana 60 3/4 ton axles and probbaly replace it with a ford 9" or possible a new limites slip 8.8 out of a newer model mustang or truck.

i figure the SHO forum here is the best place i could start. so far from what i gathered i can get a SHO 3.2 engine 300$ ill need a trans about 300$ engine wiring harness and ECM???? unknown... ill build all the mount plates and brackets myself and a custom built drive shaft 150$ thats alota boom for the buck.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Your best bet for that level of detailed information is shoforum.com I know when i was into SHOs there were quite a few discussions about RWD transmissions that could or would bolt up to the Yamahammer, but I can't remember any of them. You can get quite a bit of power out of the motor, but it ain't cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread