Engine info........????

blackLS1

Established Member
Hey guys.Been awhile since I posted here.I love to read and study over engine specs.Since I'm a chevy guy I loved reading about about(and still do)reading about the 327,chevy302,LS1/6 vortec motors etc....
I also like reading about the ford modular.I don't know to much about them because most of my mustang friends drive 302s.
My question is can you guys provide me with links or specs/info on the 4.6/5.0/5.4 modulars.Anybody here running one of the Sean Hyland strokers?Also info on the classic mustang motors like the one that predated the 302?I just want to hear about different Ford motors.
Thanks guys.:coolman:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
If you want a complete run down of the modular engines pick up either last month's or the current Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords.

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
Originally posted by Booyah
If you want a complete run down of the modular engines pick up either last month's or the current Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords.

He is right, they had some good write-ups on the 2V and the 4V engines. Prolly a good place to start.

Alex:beer:

blackLS1

Established Member
Thanks guys,I'll check with my stang friend that usally gets the ford mags.What do you guys with the DOHC motors do for all motor power?Do you have a selection of heads and cams?What are some of the specs on these cams?I cant imagine having to buy 4 cams.
I was reading some of the posts about the 5liter cammer can you guys use some of the heads and cams from this motor or the 5.4 on 4.6s or is the price not worth it?

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Definatly get the new MMFF- the Cobra motor writeup is interesting and thorough. But all this talk about the 5.0 Cammer is making me wonder....

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by blackLS1
Thanks guys,I'll check with my stang friend that usally gets the ford mags.What do you guys with the DOHC motors do for all motor power?Do you have a selection of heads and cams?What are some of the specs on these cams?I cant imagine having to buy 4 cams.
I was reading some of the posts about the 5liter cammer can you guys use some of the heads and cams from this motor or the 5.4 on 4.6s or is the price not worth it?

Alright went through my mags again. Last months has what you can swap from mod motor to mod motor and this months has all the specs for the mod motors. But as far as NA power on these there aren't that many places that have cam packages. A few shops do their own custom grinds but no one actually bulk fabs any. Sean Hyland has a few different cam profiles you might want to look into.

blackLS1

Established Member
Thanks guys.When the market catches up with you guys for economical heads and cams those stangs are going to put out awesome hp.

Users who are viewing this thread