Engine Mount TSB....getting fixed tomorrow

Zhart

Established Member
My parts are here and I'm taking the car in tomorrow morning to get the TSB work done. Hopefully I will have something good to report after they get done doing the work. :shrug:

Zhart

Established Member
how did it go?

Epic failure IMO. I drop my car off in the morning then wife takes me home then I head off to work in my G6. Just before I get to work I get a phone call from the dealership. They don't have the motor and tranny mounts.They also told me that those replacement parts are not yet available from Ford. :shrug::cuss::cuss::cuss::mj:

So, with all that said they said they would call me after they get the parts. I'm thinking I will be waiting forever on this now.

For those who have had this TSB done, did you get new motor and tranny mounts?

What are the other dealerships putting on the cars that have had this TSB completed? :shrug:

TRBO VNM

I think you went about it wrong unless there is part of the story you didn't mention. Odd that you say the parts were in, but then the dealer says they aren't? The TSB has part numbers for all the new parts.

With TSB's you typically go to the dealer and report the problem like the TSB describes. The dealer will check and make sure the experience the issue or sometimes at your request you can take the tech out for a drive to duplicate the issue. If they have the parts then they will schedule you that day or whenever is available for you both. If they don't have the parts they will order them and let you know when they are in.

This is typical process. That said, usually dealers try to stock TSB parts, but since this is such a new TSB and they still have vehicles being manufactured, the demand exceeds the supply right now so dealers are having to wait for the parts.

This is why I went in immediately when the TSB came out and luckily my dealer ordered the parts without checking the problem. It took about 3 weeks for the parts to come in, but now that the demand has increased some people are reporting a mount or two are on backorder till septmeber or october.

Sounds like you thought they had the parts in stock. Some of them should be available, but who knows now. Everything could be backordered. As long as your dealer has the order request in, they will get them.

Last edited:

Zhart

Established Member
I think you went about it wrong unless there is part of the story you didn't mention. Odd that you say the parts were in, but then the dealer says they aren't? The TSB has part numbers for all the new parts.

With TSB's you typically go to the dealer and report the problem like the TSB describes. The dealer will check and make sure the experience the issue or sometimes at your request you can take the tech out for a drive to duplicate the issue. If they have the parts then they will schedule you that day or whenever is available for you both. If they don't have the parts they will order them and let you know when they are in.

This is typical process. That said, usually dealers try to stock TSB parts, but since this is such a new TSB and they still have vehicles being manufactured, the demand exceeds the supply right now so dealers are having to wait for the parts.

This is why I went in immediately when the TSB came out and luckily my dealer ordered the parts without checking the problem. It took about 3 weeks for the parts to come in, but now that the demand has increased some people are reporting a mount or two are on backorder till septmeber or october.

Sounds like you thought they had the parts in stock. Some of them should be available, but who knows now. Everything could be backordered. As long as your dealer has the order request in, they will get them.

Um, no I did not think at all they had the parts in stock. :lol1: When I went in and complained about the noise I also told them there was TSB for this and they found the TSB in the system. I took them for a drive and could not replicate the noise. They still said they would order the parts and do the work.

Several weeks go by and they call and tell me the parts are in and to bring the car in. After I dropped the car off and went to work they called me and told me the motor and tranny mounts did not come in and only the brake line and the hard ware showed up. They also mentioned that the mounts were not yet available from Ford. Later that day after work, I go pick my car up and talk to them again and they showed me the TSB parts list from the actual TSB and again claimed the motor mount and tranny mount are not yet available from Ford.

I can't see where I did anything wrong. :beer:

I understand how TSB's work I have had other vehicles have TSB's and have had other TSB work done before. As soon as I found out about the TSB I took the car to the dealer to complain about it.

TRBO VNM

Um, no I did not think at all they had the parts in stock. :lol1: When I went in and complained about the noise I also told them there was TSB for this and they found the TSB in the system. I took them for a drive and could not replicate the noise. They still said they would order the parts and do the work.

Several weeks go by and they call and tell me the parts are in and to bring the car in. After I dropped the car off and went to work they called me and told me the motor and tranny mounts did not come in and only the brake line and the hard ware showed up. They also mentioned that the mounts were not yet available from Ford. Later that day after work, I go pick my car up and talk to them again and they showed me the TSB parts list from the actual TSB and again claimed the motor mount and tranny mount are not yet available from Ford.

I can't see where I did anything wrong. :beer:

I understand how TSB's work I have had other vehicles have TSB's and have had other TSB work done before. As soon as I found out about the TSB I took the car to the dealer to complain about it.

Well, the rest of my first sentence stated, or there is part of the story you didn't mention, which would be your response to my post. Then I agree, total BS that they call to have you bring it in when clearly they should have known all the parts were not in yet. All I could think of is that them being on back order they are telling you that they aren't available because of that. It has to be a breakdown in communication somewhere because many people have had the TSB completed with all the parts. It is a matter of supply and demand like I mentioned.

I had kind of a similar instance my first trip to the dealer after they received all the parts. They didn't have the clutch line tool and had to go get it from another dealer, only to find out 8hrs after I dropped the car off they had not touched the car. Pissed me off

Zhart

Established Member
I'm going t give it a month or two then I'm just going to buy the aftermarket mounts and have them installed.

I can understand how this pissed you off, I decided to not get mad over it and just bite my tongue this time. If needed, I can use this as some leverage at the dealership later on if needed.

TRBO VNM

I'm going t give it a month or two then I'm just going to buy the aftermarket mounts and have them installed.

I can understand how this pissed you off, I decided to not get mad over it and just bite my tongue this time. If needed, I can use this as some leverage at the dealership later on if needed.

Well, there was more to my story to with my second trip to the dealer, so the whole situation compounded, but luckily they did a quality job on the work, so I cooled down.

I would think if they have the parts on order that once ford has stock they will be shipped to the dealer for the car. Good luck with everything. Hopefully the parts come in sooner rather than later.

Zhart

Established Member
Glad to hear it worked out for you in the end, I hope my situation has a happy ending like yours.

I post up what ever happens with this situation.

Users who are viewing this thread