Enlisted to Officer

FEARED

Established Member
awesomem bro, i'm a GM2 who just took GM1 test and i'm attending college right now to go officer as well. i wanna get into the JAG though our roads are different but the same. stay Navy man, your gonna miss "reville reville all hands heave out and trice up"....

HAHA, I would never miss Reville, i hate the boat!!

Been on 3 cruises so far, USS Reagan, and USS John C. Stennis, OIF, OEF

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
UHH, " I work for a living" as nothing to do with stripes!

+1 It's the same deal with enlisted, you have some people that want to do -just- their job, nothing more. It's those that go above and beyond... they earn the real respect. I.E. respecting the rank vs respecting the rank & the individual.

I've had the good fortune to work for some good Officers in MX. There has been more than a few that would help push our maintenance stands, ask if we needed anything on a nasty day, listen to gripes, want to get dirty and lend a hand. On more than one occasion, I've had an Officer come up on a stand on a rainy day, asking questions about how the system I was fixing worked.

05saleent

Established Member
It's gonna depend on what you wanna do as an officer.... You wanna ride a desk or send rounds down range? You've been in the Navy for 6 years, you should be able to cut through the B.S. that a recruiter might try to give you, and I'm sure you know to read before you sign. Before you get out of the Navy you definetely want to talk to a recruiter, they are who you are going to have to deal with to get back in.

Just my $.02

Users who are viewing this thread