Exhaust help, calling all fox owners!

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
Alright guys, here is the deal, I have an 1985 GT, that I am in the process of building. I want the fox to be LOUD. Basically what I am going to do is put turn downs after the mufflers, but the problem is I dont know what mufflers to use, I want a Loud classic car sound, that is deep. No glass packs. Let me know what you guys have or if you know of something lets hear it. You guys have helped me in the past... SO I know you will lead me right! :beer::rockon:

Also if you have a vid of the exhaust, post it up.

Thanks again guys I appreciate your help. :coolman:

WillyB93

Established Member
Well my 1993 cobra has bbk headers to an x pipe (no cats) to flowmasters mufflers and out. I think it sounds great the harder you hit the gas the louder it gets!!!

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
My 91 GT had Mac headers to O/R H pipe into American Thunder Catback and I loved the sound. As WillyB93 said it gets louder when you hit the gas harder. I am not a fan of turn downs so all my cars don't use that. Out the back gives you the nice deep tone and is decently loud. People will hear you coming down the street with any setup (Headers, O/R Midepipe) with the American Thunder catback. It is cheap as well :D

blownfox

Established Member
LT BBK headers, OR h pipe and bassani cb with tail pipes. I had flowmasters before but these sound better (IMO). If you want to sound different from most foxbodies bassani is the way to go.

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
LT BBK headers, OR h pipe and bassani cb with tail pipes. I had flowmasters before but these sound better (IMO). If you want to sound different from most foxbodies bassani is the way to go.

I agree with that setup you can't go wrong. Need an X and it would sound even better :rockon:

blownfox

Established Member
I agree with that setup you can't go wrong. Need an X and it would sound even better :rockon:

Yes that is very true, I miss my old X pipe and will be getting one soon :banana:

Before I did the LT's, I had shorties, OR x pipe and bassani CB and that was my favorite exhaust setup.

stangposse

Established Member
I have an O/R pipe with 2 chamber flows (American Thunder) and I've always loved the sound....and they are loud. But my buddy was running a MAC catback and his were much louder, through the tailpipes. HEre are some clips I found on youtube: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7JI4nkVF0I&feature=related"]YouTube- 1990 mustang gt foxbody[/nomedia]

here's another [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJzkgRyZh7E"]YouTube- 1989 Mustang GT MAC EXHAUST.avi[/nomedia]

blownfox

Established Member
here is a crappy video of my old exhaust. shorties, OR X-pipe and bassani CB
[ame=http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g229/gmarotta/?action=view&current=vidoe009-1.flv]mustang video by gmarotta - Photobucket[/ame]

current set up. LT's OR h pipe and same CB

[ame=http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g229/gmarotta/?action=view&current=P1012001.flv]P1012001.flv video by gmarotta - Photobucket[/ame]

robd03cobra

Established Member
i love long tube headers, h pipe, single chamber flowmasters and turndowns before the rearend i dont have a sound clip sorry

lowonfuel

Established Member
exhaust

Although I've always been partial to the flowmasters on the fox bodies, in my experience Mac's are the loudest quality muffler.

93sspcoupe

Established Member
off road h pipe and SINGLE chamber flowmasters and turndowns. i had it on my 95 and it was extremly loud!!!

93LX50

THE PUNISHER
Established Member
I had a full MAC system on my car when I bought it, L/T's with a cat-less prochamber mid pipe and their catback also. It sounded pretty good, I had tail pipes on it when I first got it and wanted it a little louder so I cut the pipes after the muffler and welded on some dumps. Well that was loud as all hell, and it would vibrate my whole effin car. It was cool at first but got old pretty quick

Users who are viewing this thread