Exhaust smell but not coming from the pipes--what else could it be?

Seabiscuit

GIDDY-UP!!!
Established Member
All,

As the title implies, I am getting an exhaust smell that seems to come into the cabin whenever I come to a stop. It isn't constant, though. It is more of just a puff that comes in almost every time I stop. No tick sound (classic exhaust tick) with the Prochamber on but sounded like one with the Magnaflow on. I don't recall smelling this initially when I switched from the stock midpipe to the catted Magnaflow. This has developed only recently, within the last few thousand miles.

As far as exhaust mods, I am running the stock exhaust manifold to an off-road Prochamber to a Steeda catback. I recently switched the midpipe from a Magnaflow catted midpipe in order to see if that was the culprit. Same smell was happening with the Magnaflow as well, but only recently, as stated above All the catback sleeve sections have been welded up in an attempt to localize this smell. Stock manifold gaskets have been replaced at around 50,000 miles (engine was rebuilt and now I am at 70,000 miles). All other pertinent mods are in my signature.

Car is a DD but driven no more than 10-15 miles a day. No track passes. Car is not babied but definitely not beat on.

Would love for people to chime with what else it could be.

Thanks in advance!
SEABISCUIT

Users who are viewing this thread