Explosion where I work this morning...

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I dont have many details yet but there was an explosion this morning where I work. From what I'm told nobody was injuried. I'm leaving now to see whats going on down there. From what I'm told, it was a chemical explosion. Watch your local news tonight...:nonono:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Hissssnsvt
I dont have many details yet but there was an explosion this morning where I work. From what I'm told nobody was injuried. I'm leaving now to see whats going on down there. From what I'm told, it was a chemical explosion. Watch your local news tonight...:nonono:

Wait, don't you work with nuclear stuff???!!

I sure as crap hope that didn't blow up :eek: :uh oh:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Well, looks like I may have a few days off of work till the Fire Marshall says its safe to return to work. An employee was mixing some chemicals in a 300 gallon tank when the tank became very hot and started to hiss. He quicky ran outside, about the time he got out, the SS tank blow up and went thru the roof...:eek: Nobody was injuried, Thank God, but due to other hazards around the plant, the Fire Marshall wants to ensure nothing else was damaged.

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
I remember that movie......Glad to hear everyone is o.k. Does that mean you don't have to use a vacation day for Friday???

J.R.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Originally posted by MYSTIC MAMA
I remember that movie......Glad to hear everyone is o.k. Does that mean you don't have to use a vacation day for Friday???

J.R.

Thats the million dollar question!!!

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I work for Neutron Products in Dickerson Md.

http://www.neutronproducts.com/index.html

Well, just got home from work, what a mess. Although the design of the explosion proof room basically did its job, theres still quite a bit of damage. I'm still amazed no one was injuried. Found out that it was a operator error, guy mixed the wrong chemical in with some really bad stuff. No damage was done to any part of the plant where radioactive material is stored, thats the good news, bad news is I still have to use my vacation leave Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread