F cams question?

newfie bullet

Established Member
This is just a question to do with my son`s car.Do anyone know what an F cam would be like in an 86 5L with a 70mm throttle body and 89 heads that have been cleaned up?

TX93Cobra

Established Member
are u asking about driveability? driveability should be good since i think the lsa is 114* its gna pull up top i believe. just make sure u get new springs for it. it is more of a boost cam. better cams ots at comp cams.

Mustanganatic

FOG
Established Member
This is just a question to do with my son`s car.Do anyone know what an F cam would be like in an 86 5L with a 70mm throttle body and 89 heads that have been cleaned up?

I had that cam in a carbureted motor and it ran pretty smooth. I previously had a similar spec Crower cam, non roller type and it had a bit of a lope to it. You can call the Ford Racing tech line at 800.FORD788, I've found them to be a valuable resource. The ones I've spoken to are real car guys. The F cam is usually used with a boosted motor though. I don't know what makes it be for that application, it seems like the F cam is a cross between the B and the E cam. I'm putting a '93 Cobra long block I got from Ford in my '66 and going with the X cam. It'll need the eyebrows machined out a bit and different springs. The Ford Racing tech line told me exactly what I needed to do in order to change over to the X cam.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread