factory CD Player died on me...HELP?????

pohnpei

Established Member
Ok, I was playing a CD yesterday in my factory player and when I went to pickup a rental, I left the car running and signed for the rental and when I got back in the car, the radio is now playing....I didn't even notice until I put another CD inside (after org one is ejected) and it didn't play..if I paused it..it'll display the track and reads "0:00" minutes of the track played.

Ok, what the hell is up..do I need to buy a new CD player or is there a quickfix solution for this one..plays everything except a CD..any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

steve

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
Welcome to the wonderfuil world of Ford CD players. They suck big ole hairly balls.
I will likely replace mine soon but everytime I get a few bucks I think how much faster I can make it :) radio works just fine

Alex

pohnpei

Established Member
damnit...I was hoping on not having to invest in CD player this year...yea, radio and everything works fine except for the CDplayer...

Looks like I am taking my arse to an Electronic Store for a NewPlayer

steve

Ginsu

Established Member
Yup it will die, that is for sure! If you want another try looking on Ebay and all Mustang message boards that have a classified section. Otherwise, just get you a new aftermarket head unit. Hay in the next week or so will be a great time to find some sales!

94CobraPace

Established Member
When my CD player went out, I went to a place in Houston that services radios and CD players for all the dealer in Houston. Paid $180 for an exchanged CD player with warrenty. Check the phone book and locate a radio repair shop or go by the dealer and ask around as to where they take theirs to get repaired.

pohnpei

Established Member
thanks guys, yea, I was looking at some players this weekend and opting to go out the aftermarket route. I was looking at one at Bestbuy and it's exactly the kind I want.

It's got an all blackout panel and the "on" button is on the side, if you have it on, it'll flip out and you can see the controls, but if it's off, you can hardly tell it's there since it's blacked out...kinda cool and don't want to be advertising an aftermarket CDplayer for a wouldbe theif anyhow.

Thanks again guys and hope you guys have a MerryChristmas/Happy New Year. Drive Safe

steve

pohnpei

Established Member
Yea, it's a Sony but my girlfriend got me one for Christmas already. It's a Jensen though, but it's like the one I like and I think it'll do and since I got it free, i'll take it.

Users who are viewing this thread