Fair price??

lightning Jeff

Established Member
There is a 97 SHO for sale at a dealer by me. has 117,000 miles. They are asking $8600. The car is not mint but in good shape. What do they go for?
Jeff

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Seems to be. BUT the one thing I guess the has been plaguing the Gen III SHO is cam gears are breaking. I'm not sure how many it is affecting, but if your really looking at it. check out www.v8sho.com and get all your info. I'm pretty brain dead when it comes to the Gen IIIs

94ShoOff

AKA Darkside
Established Member
Seems high to me. That is alot of miles to be asking that kind of money. Average mile sho's around that year will get around that price or slightly more. I'd keep looking, I'm sure you would find one with 70-80K miles in that price range.

ryancutler

Established Member
Originally posted by 94ShoOff
Seems high to me. That is alot of miles to be asking that kind of money. Average mile sho's around that year will get around that price or slightly more. I'd keep looking, I'm sure you would find one with 70-80K miles in that price range.
GOD, I love your car....
I wish I had the money to buy that sweet looking machine...
What are you getting to replace it?

94ShoOff

AKA Darkside
Established Member
By 12 hours I missed out on a 97'GTX that runs high 12's. I'm still very depressed about it. I'm not very active about trying to sell the red bastard right now. There is one person very interested, but he needs to sell his car first. Eventually I'll get a GTP to play with.

shoguy

postwhore in training
Established Member
no don't do it may the power of the sho stay with you:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

94ShoOff

AKA Darkside
Established Member
Jeff, could you do me a favor and ask him? If he does, I'd really appreciate the details. The car I lost out on was also the wifes car.:( Thanks for any info.

lightning Jeff

Established Member
94 SHO off,

His wifes GTX is a 99, Brand new tires and brakes, 40,000 miles, Red, Asking around $17,000. Hope that helps. We are a 1.5 hours from the MI. OH. border.
Jeff

94ShoOff

AKA Darkside
Established Member
Jeff, thanks for the reply. Your not very far from me. Could you post or e-mail me his email address.

There is another 99' GTX up at a dealership in MI. That one has 30K and asking 16,400. I hate buying from dealers though. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread