fill tube gas leak already at 500 miles...wtf?

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
ok we got a 5.0 about 2 weeks ago and its on its 2nd fill up by me. when we got the car from the dealership i could see some gas by the fill tube but thought nothing of it since they filled the car up for us. on my 1st fill up after that it leaked gas like from the top of the fill tube. i thought it might be the pump... 2nd fill up the pump stops and swoosh some gas come out of the fill tube. i havent had a chance to take it to the dealership yet. anyone else have this problem? in our 09 it wouldnt fill up all the way and in this one it will fill up too much LOL wtf?

ybaslo1

Established Member
Cars have a waranty for reason. Shit happens. Take it to the dealer.

X2. Also make sure your not overfilling it by trying to keep filling it after the first click of the fuel pump handle. If your not, take it to the dealer, that's why service departments exist.

oneof185

Established Member
I would think the gas would drain out in the neck then through the drain tube underneath the car, rather than flowing out altogether.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
i know thats why there is a warranty and a service department im not stupid "i havent had a chance to take it to the dealership yet." just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue....

OhIIICobra

Established Member
I've filled both of my 2011's a few times with the pump handles maxed out and haven't run into this issue.

You might have to just move the pump handle to a slower setting when it's getting close to full. :shrug:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
my buddy has a new f150 with the same capless fill tube and he says it does it too. i guess this saturday il take it in and tell them to fix the issue.

kingnut

Established Member
Cars have a waranty for reason. Shit happens. Take it to the dealer.

X2. If your not, take it to the dealer, that's why service departments exist.

both of these responses were pointless. you were zero help to the OP and douched up this thread.

OP let us know what the dealer says. hopefully its an isolated issue.

Users who are viewing this thread