Finally 9's! Questions for the converter guys

ctgreddy

Established Member
Finally got a 9 second slip over the weekend after trying for a while. Ended up doing a 4r swap as I just couldn't shift the damn car fast enough. the car felt great, smooth, crisp shifts, et and mph were good. However I'm just curious if my converter seems right to knowledgable auto guys. Once it got into 3rd it rev'd to 6500 by about the 1000' mark and then just kinda stayed there, almost seemed to go up and down between 6400-6600. Didn't blow thru it but got there quicker then it should have imo and stayed. You can kind of hear it in the gopro vid. The converter was not spec'd for me it was for a turbo cobra. It's a circle d triple disc however it was gone thru by ptc. The trans will be coming out over winter to address an overdrive issue, just not sure if I should send it back in or not. Attached vid and time slip :D

Attachments

• 9's slip.jpg
    9's slip.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 277

MG0h3

Established Member
Wow! Look at that 60'. GJ!

Did seem to hang there; but if the next gear is OD I'm guessing you don't want to shift into that.

Need more gear or tire maybe?

ctgreddy

Established Member
your back halfing over 33 mph with a ok 60' , What is the redline for your motor?

I have the limiter at 7k but ideally id like to not rev over 67-6800. The backhalf mph makes me feel like the converter is working just fine. Just want to make sure others thought the same.

MineralCobra

Established Member
funny because i saw your pass on IG and was like its sounds like an Auto... but his car is stick lol you threw me off big time.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice man I was there at No ET also looking for a 9s pass. I had the Grey with blue stripes '14 GT500. Ran 10.10@144, maybe next weekend we run each other.

That sounds like a lock up converter. Do you have it to lock up?
Picking up 33mph is great back half. Congrats.
-J

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
What he said^^^^
Sounds like the converter is locking up which is also the reason for the nice mph gain on the back half.
That’s a good thing. Nice run

ctgreddy

Established Member
Thanks guys. The converter does have lock up but I was not locking up. Trans may not last the power if I tried.

Users who are viewing this thread