Finally a good run at LACR!!

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
First off I was kind of disappointed that I was the only '03 there after several said they might be there. It's no big deal but a few witnessess would have been nice. My first few runs sucked as track temp was 100+ and traction....what's that. But after a long delay, some camaro blew up, temps dropped off; high 70s- low 80s, and the car got a long cool down. Now I didn't win as I seemed to keep having to race sub 10sec cars but it was the next best thing:

R/T: 0.664
60ft: 2.075
E/T: 13.009
MPH: 102.532

Corrected for LACRs' altitude of 2770ft=
E/T:12.591
MPH:105.987

Me thinks not bad for a stock Cobra. Now I was using my BFG DR's but before you say its the tires factor this in: Sitting in my trunk at the time was...one of my full size rears and my floor jack+ the spare. Oh yeah I had a full tank as well. Why you ask... well I live over an hour away from the track and my wife aka pit crew/ tire transporter didn't come with me. My BFG's are about to exceed their usage and I really didn't plan on walking home. So either my car is a freak or I/we didn't realise how strong this car is STOCK.:thumbsup:

One last thing can anyone explain why my trap speed is so low?? I've raced Tetge at this track and he routinely run 106-107 actual 109-110 corrected.:shrug:

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
That's interesting because if I use the corrected #'s the estimater came up with this:

Initial Readings
READING OUTPUT UNITS
WEIGHT 3900 pounds
TRAP SPEED 105.987 mph
E/T 12.591 seconds

Dyno Readings
READING OUTPUT UNITS
Total Horsepower 370 bhp
Horsepower Used 386 bhp
Best E/T 12.77 seconds

SO which is right?? :shrug:

Last edited: