Finally got the TSB done and more...

TRBO VNM

Well, basically have had the run around from the dealer since they got the parts in. Too long of a story, but I dare them to send me a satisfaction survey. This was the second time I brought it in for the TSB...

Brought it in for

TSB
Window trim faded
Sync bluetooth issue with people saying I sound like the windows are open (I paid for and replaced the mic since it was only $25. didn't fix it)
Clock being slow

So they did the TSB last of course. Haven't had a chance to test out the car yet, but will tomorrow. Some have reported the clutch pedal and even brakes feel weird after. Mine all feels the same. So it appears they bled the system properly.

Window trim, basically that is just the way it is and ordering new in will probably look the same. They are discussing with other people to see if they will replace it or not. It isn't a high priority to me. Others have reported it and I think it is just a manufacturing thing. I just need to pick up some back to black and it will look fine.

Sync, I need to look online and find out when the update came out, but I don't have MFT and thought the update they just came out with was for MFT vehicles only. But appears this update helped a lot from what people are telling me when I am talking.

Clock...they rest it and want me to come back in a week to see where it is and notes mention might have to replace the BCM....would love to find out if the Euro BCM would work because they have the remote windows up/down and rear view camera from the small center screen.

So, now that this is done....let the modding commence. First is the resonator delete. putting a magnaflow muffler in its place, but got the whole midpipe section from OCDSPEED. Will probably do muffler delete later.

TRBO VNM

First time I hit it, it felt like I just got tire spin and a little hop. There was a bang, but it was the wheel spin/hop, not the typical bang that was the problem. I also shifted at 6600rpm, 1-2 shift. 2-3 shift I did about the same and nothing at all, just kept going.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
My trim started looking real nasty too. My detail guy has been putting some kind of dressing on it and it looks much better.

TRBO VNM

Here you go Travis. Just driver side

4A9DDB0E-21A9-4938-B4BD-E677D667AFAD-823-0000004083D35BD3_zps990c1398.jpg

9E5CCC4C-AD23-4D8D-B22D-ACFA8360953A-823-000000407969DDA7_zpsfb8f3685.jpg

5F69015C-C26A-4F57-BD47-9A0A4E494701-823-0000004071136905_zps14668ed6.jpg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
That's a lot of fading for a 1 year old car. Do you park it next to something that reflects the sun onto it? I know the chrome steps on the SVTP F-350 have baked the plastic trim close to them because they reflect sunlight directly onto it.

TRBO VNM

One year old? Dude, my car was built in May. They were like this at delivery and many others reporting the same. Ford basically said if they order replacement that they will probably come in the same way. Either that is just from manufacturing or it is left over trim that has been sitting in Michigan or something.

And it doesn't feel like typical rubber faded trim. Feels like new trim, but the coloring just looks bad.

The car is in the garage at home and when at work I am in an open parking lot like every other vehicle here. But like I mentioned, it is a flaw from Ford.

TRBO VNM

Doubt it, dealer kind of blew it off after trying to go up the chain a little. I am stopping back by there to discuss my wondering report card and will be bringing it up again that something needs to be done. Bring a rep or someone down. I am going to look at the others on the lot tomorrow and see if they look the same.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Mine looked that nasty as well. The right product will make it look fresh again. I'll ask my guy what he's been using.

nycarpenter

Established Member
Doubt it, dealer kind of blew it off after trying to go up the chain a little. I am stopping back by there to discuss my wondering report card and will be bringing it up again that something needs to be done. Bring a rep or someone down. I am going to look at the others on the lot tomorrow and see if they look the same.
Jason
I have gone down this road with Ford in the past. The dealership is told to blow you off by the the boys above but if you contact them in Detroit yourself the results are usually good. My 2010 F150 had the rims peeling after 1 year. I stopped into the dealership to talk with a service advisor about the issue and he told me to look at all of his used trucks and cars rims that it was normal and acceptable. I walked the lot and started taking pictures of all the peeling rims :) By the 6th vehicle the service manager came out and told me the new rims would be ordered and arrive in 3 days :). Sometimes you need to twist screws to get your point across.

TRBO VNM

Yeah, same with me. Checked out a couple at the dealer I bought mine from and they were the same way. Something with manufacturing. I will call Ford about it, but am sure they will say that is just the way they come.

Users who are viewing this thread