First Autocross

ShadowGreyStang

Established Member
So, guys... I went to an autocross in my area and watched all vettes, cobras, vipers, and preludes lol tear up the track. I'm a measly little v6 drive but I was wondering what I could do more to better prepare my car for an autox event. Ive been really wanting to get into it more. It seems like a lot of fun to me.

MFE

Established Member
Pump up the tires, empty out the car, and go. The single biggest most cost effective performance mod you can make to the car is the "nut behind the wheel" and the sooner you act with that knowledge the less money you'll waste on shit you didn't really need.

MikeW

Established Member
I agree use what you have now... learn to drive the car and then work on mods in the future.

Things like:

Tires
Subframes
Springs

before power mods ... get out there and just have fun :beer:

mgsullivan

The Red Brick
Established Member
What you do is have one of your regions top drivers drive you car and until you can match there time, don't do a darn thing.

forcedhorse

Established Member
Depending on the surface you're running on, get a set set of tires for auto-xing. Nothing fancy, just something to save you from chewing up your daily driving tires. Like what everyone else is saying, get out there and get better at handling the car. No matter what you drive, autox is a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread