First kill in my 99 Cobra

key

Established Member
On the way to work this morning I was merging on to the highway and I see this early 90s dark grey hatchback Civic. He's in front of me, and I can clearly see his coffee can muffler. So I start to think he could make a good breakfast for the Cobra.

Traffic was pretty heavy, and he was a few cars ahead of me in the other lane, so I didn't push it. We drove over the bridge into Kentucky, and still no luck getting next to him. Finally, right in front of downtown Louisville, I get beside him and throw a rev his way. Still too much traffic though, so I just coast by him. Next thing I know he goes by me and revs.

So now I'm thinking it's really on. We both exit to go back across another bridge into Indiana, and he's directly in front of me, with a pickup in front of him. Once the exit hits the bridge, the road opens up to 4 lanes, so I was assuming he would get on it as soon as he had a clear lane.

So I'm in 3rd at about 60 MPH shaking like a leaf because I'm so excited. We get on the bridge, and sure enough, I hear that pipe of his go off. So I nail it to the floor and switch lanes so I don't run over the little Civic. I'm not sure if he let off once I blew by him or not, but I pulled a good 3-4 cars on him, BEFORE I even shifted to 4th! Once I got to 4th I let off since he was so far behind.

It was great.. When we got off the bridge I tried to be nice and wave, but he just reved the pipe at me again, oh well!

Sorry so long!

Zach

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
hey zach, maybe i killed him in it before and he was just hurt to have it happen again so he didn't wave. i did a LOT of prowling in the '99.

MAN!! i need to get some gears!

key

Established Member
Actually, I thought about that, Hamilton. then I kept thinking, "Man, Hamilton would've loved to see that!"

Also, yesterday, I caught a '95 GT trying to be all tough. He was getting on it really hard leaving a stoplight, and couldn't see me because I had just turned on to the road. So I caught up to him, rev'd and he WOULDN'T look over! He had to know I was there, I hauled ass to catch up with him.

So I found that really funny, and honked a couple of times to get his attention. He looked over, smiled, and just turned back to the road. So I jumped a few times trying to get him to race, but I guess he didn't want a piece of the snake!

Now all I need is a built 5.0 to make me eat humble pie. I might be getting too cocky!

Zach

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Nothin' like fried rice "for breakfast"...

Great Kill!

P.S. Enjoy your snake, you have great taste in vehicles...:D:D:D

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by key

Have I thanked you for that yet? :D

yeah, yeah, yeah.......
maybe you can make the first payment on mine since i spent 750 bucks getting those 4.10's put in right before i traded it.
J/K

Users who are viewing this thread