Florida HP to start using unmarked Mercury Marauders for speed enforcment

bigslim

Established Member
The cars are "NOT" supercharged. Reinhart has only done some minor bolt on mods. They have driveshaft mods and some other mods. I repeat, they are "NOT" supercharged.

SOLISIMO

Signal 12
Established Member
Purerock105 said:
I "hear" ;-) ;-) it's Dennis Reinhart in Orange Park, Florida...but remember
the cars were donated, and the complete and final price may have been
picked up by the mysterious....benefactor/donator... :)

http://www.marauder57.com/rp.html
They are not supercharged and they were donated by Mr. Warrick from Warricks Customs hobbies and toys! Dont spread rumors next time :poke:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Don't worry, if Reinhart got his hands on them I'm sure they'll all be running high 15s. How is that guy still in business?

Last edited:

Blown97Tbird

According to the Marauder site Reinhart did 22 FHP cars with SCT tuning upgraded brakes and rear sway bar and a better drive shaft, some of those Marauders over there are running 13's N/A not bad for a 4000 pound car, there is a post on the Mustang site of a Black Marauder that ran 11's at Bradenton.

carfixer

Established Member
Blown97Tbird said:
...there is a post on the Mustang site of a Black Marauder that ran 11's at Bradenton.
I was there and saw that black Marauder run an 11.87. It was a car that Dennis Reinhart built for a customer. He was driving the car. After the pass, a track official asked him to leave because of a lack of proper safety equiptment. :nono:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Blown97Tbird said:
According to the Marauder site Reinhart did 22 FHP cars with SCT tuning upgraded brakes and rear sway bar and a better drive shaft, some of those Marauders over there are running 13's N/A not bad for a 4000 pound car, there is a post on the Mustang site of a Black Marauder that ran 11's at Bradenton.

My initial post was an obvious exaggeration, the fact that DR is a piss poor builder/tuner isn't. What exactly has he done?
The '04 Factory Stock Champion engine builders (Al Papitto and John/MikeTymensky) can squeeze 370+rwhp/350+rwtq corrected out of a 4.6L N/A pump gas motor with unported heads, stock cams, and stock unported intakes.
DRs ~'99-01 GT with 10psi made 36X/34X to the tires after one of his own tunes. It was an automatic, but you get the point none the less :loser:

Last edited:

Blown97Tbird

Aparently you have a ax to grind if you read the profile the GT was a stock motor with a 4R70W with 10 PSI and the car made 370 RWHP wich is a good number for a stock motor since the car is a auto this is close to 430 to the crank, and Reinhart never said he tuned the car at that time there was no SCT, so, unless your sure of the facts what does this have to do with the post at hand, aparently the State trusted what he did to there police cars. Apears to me are you are trying to do is sling mud.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Blown97Tbird said:
Aparently you have a ax to grind if you read the profile the GT was a stock motor with a 4R70W with 10 PSI and the car made 370 RWHP wich is a good number for a stock motor since the car is a auto this is close to 430 to the crank, and Reinhart never said he tuned the car at that time there was no SCT, so, unless your sure of the facts what does this have to do with the post at hand, aparently the State trusted what he did to there police cars. Apears to me are you are trying to do is sling mud.

ROFL, then have him build your next motor :loser: That state (FL) also happens to trust thousands upon thousands of illegal aliens and fraudulent welfare recipients. Should you really trust their judgement? :bored:

jspradii

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Don't worry, if Reinhart got his hands on them I'm sure they'll all be running high 15s. How is that guy still in business?

Here is someone who obviously knows nothing about Dennis Reinhart.Know nothing, be nothing.

bigslim

Established Member
Blown97Tbird said:
I know that Lidio of Alternative Performance is running 11's with his Marauder. He has a Trilogy Supercharger and some other mods he has done himself. Car is still his daily driver and is very streetable. We have a coulpe of other guys here in the Motor City running 12.0's with their Marauders too.

bigslim

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
As with any vendor there will be people that don't like the work they recieved. He has some unhappy customers and some that are very happy with his work. I hear he is doing better by his customers.

Fourcam330

Established Member
jspradii said:
Here is someone who obviously knows nothing about Dennis Reinhart.Know nothing, be nothing.

Show me something that DR has done that's even remotely impressive :sleeping: Can he build a naturally aspirated 520+rwhp 5.4L? LOL :nono: Not even close.

Fourcam330

Established Member
bigslim said:
As with any vendor there will be people that don't like the work they recieved. He has some unhappy customers and some that are very happy with his work. I hear he is doing better by his customers.

Actually, not all vendors have unhappy customers. Regardless, people in FL have so many other great choices (UPR, LaMotta's, Boss330, etc.) why even **** with a clown like DR? :??:

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Actually, not all vendors have unhappy customers. Regardless, people in FL have so many other great choices (UPR, LaMotta's, Boss330, etc.) why even **** with a clown like DR? :??:

All this DR bashing...... what credibility do you have. What work has he done for you that was no good? :rollseyes

raisitup

Established Member
i know this is a long dead thread, but i saw something interesting tonight.......i witnessed an accident on I-95 tonight, some dummy had a blowout and sat in the 3rd lane of traffic with his hazards on. there was a mustang stopped behind it, i narrowly missed it but the car a few seconds behind me did not. anyway, i pull over to the side, call 911 and sit tight. rescue was there in a couple of minutes, then about 5 minutes later i see the blues flashing, first FHP cruiser is on site. headlights and fogs look a little odd, so i immediately realize its one of the marauders (i let the light pattern burn in real good ;-) ) so all the cops are taking statements, they get done with mine and i'm waiting about 30 minutes to be released. meanwhile, i decide to check out the cruiser, sharp of course (always liked the marauder). i start at the back and work my way around the driver side, when a little flash of metal catches my eye. about two inches in front of the door sits one shiny, very recognizable snake. cobra badging! i couldn't believe it. walked around to the other side, same thing. a few minutes went by and one of the cops decides to have a smoke and ask me about my car, we talk for a couple of minutes and i ask "what's the deal with the snake?" he said he knew they were on there but didn't give me any insight as to why. it looked good, mind you, but still didn't seem quite right. either way floridians watch out for the marauders with snakes!

Users who are viewing this thread