Flourescent light is priceless

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I have plenty of flourescent lights in the garage where I keep my truck but my Cobra is over at a buddies garage with very poor lighting, I never really thought about it being a problem. Until today, I clayed my car and got the DACP on, I thought I got my car wiped down pretty well, even pulled it outside in the sun to see better, I thought it looked awesome but wow I was wrong tonight as I was filling up with gas I couldnt believe how much the DACP had dulled the finish out and how much I had missed during the wipe down. I couldnt see it in the sunlight but the flourescent lights at the gas station lit it up like a christmas tree. Ill bring it back with the #82 swirl free polish tomorrow and get it waxed with #16 and she'll be looking good as new. Guess all Im saying is dont do like I did and underestimate how important a good light source is. :bash: 2881

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
yea, i know how ya feel. i used some SSR 2.5 and worked it a little long and had the same thing happen. Thank god for SSR 2 and PwC :)

blowngt

Established Member
Same thing happened to me. I went out to Home Depot and bough a $30 flourecent light. I try to detail the car at night and use the light as a guide. It's kind of a PITA, but I figure if I'm going to spend the time to wax the car, I might as well use my time effeciently.....

DontGetBit

The Dynasty has begun....
Established Member
Try using a halogen light, like one of those portable work lights. They will really show you some imperfections. A lot of gas stations use them to.

jdl1000

Established Member
I've got (6) 8' flourescent lights in my garage. Couldn't live without them. Makes working on my car much easier being most of the work I do is at night.

Users who are viewing this thread