Flowmasters

Peter

Established Member
I had Flowmaster 2.5" Delta 40's welded in today. They sound real nice, deep tone but no resonation. The stock muffler looked real restrictive, I figure a 10HP gain.

Pete:burnout:

Black04Lightning

I ATE YOUR HEMI FOR LUNCH
Established Member
East Bay Area - Pleasant Hill - California
Flowmasters
I had Flowmaster 2.5" Delta 40's welded in today. They sound real nice, deep tone but no resonation. The stock muffler looked real restrictive, I figure a 10HP gain. :::::::::::::::::::::::

Can you send us a recording of what it sound`s like ?????
New 03 Azure Blue Mach 1 owner
IUP - 5 peed only mods : K&N Air Filter and no air box sound restrictor
I Live My Day One Mach At A Time
Where F-Bodys Are Just Waiting To Get Mached Up

Peter

Established Member
Originally posted by SonicBlue03GT
Flowmasters
I had Flowmaster 2.5" Delta 40's welded in today. They sound real nice, deep tone but no resonation. The stock muffler looked real restrictive, I figure a 10HP gain. :::::::::::::::::::::::

Can you send us a recording of what it sound`s like ?????
New 03 Azure Blue Mach 1 owner
IUP - 5 peed only mods : K&N Air Filter and no air box sound restrictor
I Live My Day One Mach At A Time
Where F-Bodys Are Just Waiting To Get Mached Up

I will be at the dyno next week, I will make a sound clip.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
hey sonic, check out this thread from a mach 1 in petaluma.

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51517

this run was in the summer at a test and tune at sacramento raceway. he ran a 13.116 @ 106. the vid is there and his only mods are single chamber flowmaster and a k and n filter. the sound is pretty good quality. the video is from inside the mach 1.

good luck with your decision.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
thats what mine sounded like when i had the 2 chamber put in. then i had a magnaflow cut out x pipe welded in and it is now not as loud and it sounds more like a high pitched race engine. it does sound good at high rpm's but i miss that muscle car tone that i got with the stock h pipe and 2 chamber flows.

i cant wait to get flowmasters new scavenger cross over pipe in.

glad i could help.

Peter

Established Member
Thanks Pete

i wanna get Flows i wanna make sure they sound better than Magna Flow exhaust first ,
Hope to hear it soon ,,
Troy

I will be at the dyno this Saturday, I will get a sound clip of mine and maybe Jimmie's, he has the SS Mac mufflers.

Abad46

Established Member
the sound is good but you probably lost 10 hp! J/K Flowmasters sound real nice but gain oh so little to no HP. My buddy goes to UTI and dyno tested his stock ls1 and his ls1 with a flowmaster cat-back and lost 3 RWHP!!! It sounded good from what he had said...I'd be interested to see the flowmaster gain/loss on your car.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
have you ever seen 3 pulls on a dyno and each of those 3 pulls with the same car be the same? does not happen. each pull is different because each pull has different circumstances. its a reference point.

yes there are mufflers that give more hp than flowmaster. there are some that dont. we after all are the crazy ones spending $200 bucks for an extra 10 hp. and i dont believe that flowmaster would be as big as they are if there mufflers did not increase hp, tq and airflow.

they do have a new muffler out called the super 40 thats does have the horsepower gains that will compete with the best straight through mufflers.
i like flowmaster becuase i love that old carberated big block sound that the old muscle cars had. flowmaster is the muffler that resembles that sound the most. :burnout:

Peter

Established Member
Originally posted by Abad46
the sound is good but you probably lost 10 hp! J/K Flowmasters sound real nice but gain oh so little to no HP. My buddy goes to UTI and dyno tested his stock ls1 and his ls1 with a flowmaster cat-back and lost 3 RWHP!!! It sounded good from what he had said...I'd be interested to see the flowmaster gain/loss on your car.

I don't think so, I don't know about your friends deal but any of the Mach1's with just the stock mufflers switched for Flowmaster,Magnaflow or Mac have seen an 8-12 HP gain.
I will see what I pull on Saturday with just a K&N filter and the Flowmaster delta 40's! It certainly feels very good.

Pete

Black04Lightning

Established Member
:shrug: Now the hard part ,,,,,,,to just have flowmasters installed to replace , Just , The stock mufflers ,,,,for about $389.00
or Get the whole American Thunder kit ,with Mandrel Bent tailpipes with chrome tips for $ 699.00
both prices with professional instalation , as well show quality welds,,,,,,,,,,arghhhhhhh:dw: :dw:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
that seems high. i was just at ninos website mustang exhaust and he had the full american thunder cat back for 389 i believe. just to weld in the mufflers would be bout 100 for each plus labor.
call johnny franklin mufflers in san rafael, 415-457-5512, for a qoute. they have 2 stores san rafael and santa rosa. this is the only place i go in santa rosa. family owned and run, treat everybody like they are number 1. good luck.

Peter

Established Member
:shrug: Now the hard part ,,,,,,,to just have flowmasters installed to replace , Just , The stock mufflers ,,,,for about $389.00
or Get the whole American Thunder kit ,with Mandrel Bent tailpipes with chrome tips for $ 699.00
both prices with professional instalation , as well show quality welds,,,,,,,,,,arghhhhhhh:dw: :dw:

I had 2 Flowmaster 2.5 aluminized mufflers installed for $275 out the door, you have to shop around that price you got is a bit high.

Pete

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
My buddies at my local Meineke Muffler shop put Flowmaster 2 1/2 inch 2 chambers and Flowmaster Mandrel Bent 2 1/2 in. tailpipes with stock stainless tips on my 86 Mustang GT for only 340 cash out the door...that was for everything....parts and labor.

I agree....shop around..thats way tooooo high.

I bet I could get the Flows put on my Mach for about 100 bucks.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
i went to my muffler shop johnny franklins in santa rosa to ask about the new flowmaster cat back(3 inch pipes, 4 inch rolled tips, 2 of the new superflow 40 mufflers, and the new scavenger cross over pipe) the owner said he put it in for $400 because i was a good customer.
or i could just throw on some 3 inch pipe for $320. i dont know what to do. i currently have the american thunder cat back on.:shrug:

Black04Lightning

Established Member
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Abad46
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WAIT A MINUTE here ,He said >LS-1< , thats a GM CHEVY product
:nonono: No wonder he lost 10 HORSEPOWER Unless you install Chevy Parts , "WITHOUT USING THE PROPER CHEVY HAMMER" ,,,
You will lose horsepower "EVERYTIME"! ! ! J/K lol
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

ps: sorry , i know its impolite to be rude about chevies , but it was just too hard to pass up , please forgive me ,:beer:

Mach Daddy

Life Is Mach1derful !!!
Established Member
I put the flowmaster setup on my black Mach 1.

They sound GREAT and it really opened up the air flow. No dyno or track times but it feels faster.

Good luck and have fun.

bikini.gif

Life is Mach1derful !!!

M1-Lighter.jpg

2003 Black on Black Mach 1

http://members.cox.net/pwhit1

Peter

Established Member
Mach Daddy- The stock muffler is very restrictive, the car felt like I took a cork off the bottle- really opened up! In any event I dyno tomorrow and I will see, and it does sound great!

Pete:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread