Focus Rear License Plate Lamps

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
If you are wanting to do LEDS for your tag lights just look up what bulb your car takes and order set off ebay pretty cheap appearance mod. Do it to all my vehicles even my 69 F100

TRBO VNM

My understanding is the license plate bulbs are already LED. I changed my hatch area bulbs and dome light bulbs to LED.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
My understanding is the license plate bulbs are already LED. I changed my hatch area bulbs and dome light bulbs to LED.

Dome lights? I'm pretty sure mine are LED already..not sure about the hatch bulb though. Unless the factory incandescent bulbs have a blueish/white hue for some reason.

TRBO VNM

Dome lights? I'm pretty sure mine are LED already..not sure about the hatch bulb though. Unless the factory incandescent bulbs have a blueish/white hue for some reason.

Mine weren't(dome) and many others aren't. Not sure about you special ST3 folks. I didn't look at the plate lights, but from another site they mentioned they were LED. Could be wrong, but maybe they are just a standard bulb with blue color. Either way I didn't see a need to change them.

executiV

Established Member
If you are wanting to do LEDS for your tag lights just look up what bulb your car takes and order set off ebay pretty cheap appearance mod. Do it to all my vehicles even my 69 F100
I don't like the look of the eBay ones I put on my current car, they look too bluish. That's why I'm interested in the OEMs

I'm doing this for a car that doesn't already have LEDs for the plate.

Figured someone here might have looked at them in person and saw what bulbs they are. Ford has to order them just for me to see if they are what I need, trying not to go that route.

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
Mine weren't(dome) and many others aren't. Not sure about you special ST3 folks. I didn't look at the plate lights, but from another site they mentioned they were LED. Could be wrong, but maybe they are just a standard bulb with blue color. Either way I didn't see a need to change them.

My ST3's are all LED except the cargo area

Users who are viewing this thread