Focus RS Reveal

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 Focus RS Reveal Featured.jpg
One More Day
Tomorrow is the big day! The 2016 Focus RS is officially revealed
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Motor Company

Ford is on quite a roll. After unleashing an arsenal of high-powered Ford Performance vehicles at the North American International Auto Show, the Blue Oval’s performance division is set to bring the hottest hatch to the world, and tomorrow it is officially revealed
Continue reading →

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Looking forward to this reveal, it'll be nice to know some details about this car finally.

That being said, I'm sure Ford will disappoint us by not giving a solid weight, HP/TQ numbers, nor price. So basically we get to see what it looks like (probably near identical to the ST) and if it's AWD or not. Honestly, I'd rather they just keep the info secret until they can tell us everything about it, including price.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Looking forward to this reveal, it'll be nice to know some details about this car finally.

That being said, I'm sure Ford will disappoint us by not giving a solid weight, HP/TQ numbers, nor price. So basically we get to see what it looks like (probably near identical to the ST) and if it's AWD or not. Honestly, I'd rather they just keep the info secret until they can tell us everything about it, including price.

I'm betting they will let us know if it's AWD or not and will say it's a 2.3 with more than 300hp just like the other cars.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
It needs to be a helluva bargain to give anyone a reason to buy it over a Golf R or STI.

I had a WRX hatch when my Bro-in-law bought his ST. My car had wayyyyy more interior room and cargo space, but the cars were almost the same size externally. Sure his interior was a bit cooler looking and had Recaros, but I had AWD and a much bigger aftermarket.

Ford is jumping in against the big guns here that have been in the game for much longer. Hopefully they don't price themselves out of competition.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
It needs to be a helluva bargain to give anyone a reason to buy it over a Golf R or STI.

I had a WRX hatch when my Bro-in-law bought his ST. My car had wayyyyy more interior room and cargo space, but the cars were almost the same size externally. Sure his interior was a bit cooler looking and had Recaros, but I had AWD and a much bigger aftermarket.

Ford is jumping in against the big guns here that have been in the game for much longer. Hopefully they don't price themselves out of competition.

Actually Ford has been at this for a VERY long time with the RS cars, just not in the US. Ford is ALREADY a big gun in this category. We in the states will now finally get to experience RS greatness.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Livestream is happening now and I can't pull it up on my computer or my phone. Awesome...

Users who are viewing this thread