For anyone who was curious my Cobra finally got Dyno’d

Wills99Cobruh

Established Member
I posted a thread a few weeks ago about my 04 Cobra that I had bought without inspecting or test driving the car. Well, the car finally got put on the Dyno yesterday. Unfortunately I’m out of town for work so I wasn’t able to grab a video but the car made 440 to the wheels. Not very impressive, but I am happy that the motor is healthy and passed a leak down and compression test.
Every time they went to put the car on the Dyno they found an issue. First the head cooling mod was leaking so they fixed that. Then the intercooler pump wasn’t working so they had to fix that. Waiting for parts took the longest but at least now I know where the car stands. Heres some notes from the shop about the car. “The car needs a tune and the correct JLT CAI. Rear passenger side coilover is severely damaged and recommend replacing both coilovers. The vehicle has a bad vibration, but are unclear of what could be causing it.” I gave them the go ahead to look into the bad vibration, which is definitely a little concerning but hopefully it’s nothing crazy. They said the car is at least safe to drive around town and have some fun with, and the cars not going to blow up. The motor is not running anywhere near its full potential but I would like to get this vibration issue sorted out before I put anymore money into this thing. Probably going to be the deciding factor if I keep this car or not.

Attachments

• IMG_1301.jpeg
    IMG_1301.jpeg
    276.5 KB · Views: 50

01yellercobra

Established Member
If that's an upper only eaton I'd say you're not far off from the norm power wise. What do they mean by the correct JLT? Did they tell you the timing numbers and A/F?

Users who are viewing this thread