$$ for pulleys and tune

hjs001

Established Member
Dnt kno if anyone is from TX or has heard of PSI Motorsports but I just got a quote from them for parts labor and tune for my 2.8 Metco upper pulley and idler for $950. This includes the cost of parts, labor, dyno, and tune. What dyall think? I was personally shocked cuz I always thought it was a cheap upgrade, which it still is when you compare price to hp gain.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
$200 or so for the pulley/idler, maybe $25 for install. That's another $725 or so for the dyno tune, do you already have a handheld tuner or is that part of the package?

89shoyamaha

Established Member
A month ago I scored a 2.8 pulley with a Steeda idler for $130 off of ebay. My local shop DTP wanted $600 with dyno tune and Diablo tuner. So thats about right for all new parts.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
without looking up exact prices....
pulley - $125
idler - $150
handheld tuner - $375
pulley puller - $125
mail order tune - $100
3 dyno pulls - $100

total - $975 if you did it yourself.

hjs001

Established Member
Its $950 for the upper, idler, tune, and dyno pulls..I already have a SCT handheld. They were saying they wanted $450 for the tune, the upper from Metco is $130 and the idler is $203. That all comes to around $800, and unlimited pulls on the dyno is around $130ish give or take.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
no thank you, it isn't that hard to put a pulley on 30 minutes.... get a mail order tune from a reputable tuner, save yourself a lot of money, have a local help if necessary.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
also getting a hub pulley on an eaton is kind of pointless. Buy a 2.76 and if you eventually port it buy a 4lb lower. No need to ever switch the upper on an eaton.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Buy and install the pulley & idlers yourself, then get a good custom dyno tune from a reputable tuner. Don't mess with the mail order tune garbage.
Expect about $500 for a tune.

VincodeY

Established Member
buy some metco or bf idlers and aux idler. get a pulley puller and PLUGS and install the ish yourself. will save you some hassle. Have a mail order tune to drive around on til you get it to the dyno. But, the quoted price sounds about right and PSI know their mod moters.

Users who are viewing this thread