For Those That Are Running 18" Wheels

G-Primo

Established Member
Ford4Me

Car looks great by the way....What did you do with your wheels? Did you strip and polish just the lip, and face of wheel. I swaped my factory wheels with my Pop and bought some FR-500 with 555 Nitto...for my GT. He has a 2003 DSG Mach with Nittos 555 up front and Nitto Drags in the back....Car has good traction with the drags.

Do you have a traction problem with your car. I have 3.73 in my GT and and with the Nittos I spin often. I guess I just need to warm them up more. I would love to own a Mach but for now I have the best of two worlds.

Ford4me

AMERICAN!!!
Established Member
Great looking pair of ponies. I will attach a pic of my Son's cobra. We are having a blast together cruising and going to FFW events. Also looking for the local SS and Trans Am survivors as well as the abundant C5 population.

I ordered the chrome FR500's from www.buyfordracing.com/
No touch up required that's straight out of the box. I still have my stock wheels and tires. I plan to sell them. I don't have a traction problem but they do break lose in second pretty easy. I did notice a much smotther ride and the handling has much improved. You can feel the extra contact patch on the road.

poweredbysvt

Established Member
AFS

I went with AFS 18x9 all around.

Nitto 265/35/18 Front
Nitto 285/35/18 Front

Of course Chrome with the Black inserts. Only way to Go.

Nick
2003 AZURE Blue
Custom Stainless Exhaust

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Thanks to all who posted feedback...I am going to stay with my stockers for a while longer...

I did buy a set of Nitto Drags in 275/40/17 to replace my Nitto Extremes in the same size...Thanks to Arnold for repealing the Cali VLT tax and saving me enough money to buy the Drag Radials :rockon:

I will have those on today or tommorrow...:burnout:

akaeric

Established Member
Thats one good thing about Tirerack.com they have the offsets and tire dia.'s figured out where you the tire fit under the finder wells and you can go with bigger wheels and get the right tire dia. and it want effect your speed odmeters[sorrry I can remmeber how to spell] I did that with my 300zxtt and they sent me a perfect set up because the tire on those car are like the Vet. the rears are wider than the front. thtas what I want to do with my Cobra but I haven't found the wheel I want yet.

Peter

Established Member
I really like those chrome 03 cobra rims especially on the DSG Mach1, another nice rim is the steeda ultralite in chrome.

Pete:burnout:

Ford4me

AMERICAN!!!
Established Member
Thats the problem. There are soooo many to choose from. Luckily there aren't many Machs or Cobras running around so its hard to find one exactly like yours on your local streets whatever style you choose.

Users who are viewing this thread