ford a raptor for the first time today

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
For what its worth i did some more research today just to find more information since I know very little about them, seems the 1/4 mile isn't as bad as I thought. What do they average run in the 1/4 mile around 15 sec's give or take? if so that not to bad for how heavy it is and being NA.

You realize this truck was made for the purpose of off-road use? It's not a drag truck.

Would you buy a Prius and focus on the 1/4 mile time? So why are you doing it to a Raptor?

Use it for it's intended purpose and you will enjoy it. Stop trying to make it something it's not.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sadly I'm a troll for stating what i honestly believed. Its a dog. Honestly could care less what some of your think of me. This bad-ass truck should have a 660 hp+ motor in it, something along the lines of the 5.8 Shelby motor would be ideal.

Hell Ford put a super charged 660 motor in a 3400 lb car, and put this NA 411 hp motor in a 6100 this truck. Who knows maybe there was something wrong with this one we drove. The sales man told me to hit it and I said I did. We almost bought it just by its looks alone it does look bad-ass. But after my wife drove it first then myself we both said it felt like a dog.

For what its worth i did some more research today just to find more information since I know very little about them, seems the 1/4 mile isn't as bad as I thought. What do they average run in the 1/4 mile around 15 sec's give or take? if so that not to bad for how heavy it is and being NA.

Not sure if anyone can tell but i like fast cars and trucks. Power adders have made me love Ford SVT, hopefully they will make one in the near future.

No one cares what you think, so we don't really have an opinion of you. The interwebz is not personal. :shrug:

I posted a link to the Velociraptor, get one of those.

In respect to your comment about looking up 1/4 times to influence your purchase of a Raptor... Do you look up tow ratings on GT500's before you purchase them?

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
My Raptor gets better gas mileage than my old Lightning.
Was getting almost 16 mpg bone stock on the hwy

Saleenrose

Established Member
My last trip out in the desert yielded a 5.4mpg, the picture above was 68 miles in and another 40 miles to get to a paved road, the tank only holds 26 gals so we started to fear fuel and will take gas cans next time. At the 25 miles from the paved road point we ran across this....
SmkSTEy.jpg

We did get to cross this
Kazcpu8.jpg

Dirt2067

Established Member
My last trip out in the desert yielded a 5.4mpg, the picture above was 68 miles in and another 40 miles to get to a paved road, the tank only holds 26 gals so we started to fear fuel and will take gas cans next time. At the 25 miles from the paved road point we ran across this....
SmkSTEy.jpg

We did get to cross this
Kazcpu8.jpg

:rockon: So jealous!

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
SmkSTEy.jpg

We did get to cross this
Kazcpu8.jpg

Nice!

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
lol yeah a troll sure that is. Probably owned more cars/trucks and svt's then you bro. Just saying i was disappointed. Guess i'm a power adder type of guy, if it had a blower or something it would be much cooler since you can make it a lot faster.

This motor does not need a power adder. Roush bored and stroked one to 460ci and it made 850hp at 8500rpm n/a!
Watch A Ford 6.2 Boss Engine Which Now Measures 460ci Scream At 8,500 RPM And Make 800hp! | BangShift.com

TorchMach

Established Member
This motor does not need a power adder. Roush bored and stroked one to 460ci and it made 850hp at 8500rpm n/a!
Watch A Ford 6.2 Boss Engine Which Now Measures 460ci Scream At 8,500 RPM And Make 800hp! | BangShift.com

How much would you say it costs to do that to our 6.2's? With labor and everything?

I'm dropping mine off at SVC in two weeks then wanted to squeeze some more power out of it but N/A as its better for off roading.. what do you think it would costs to make 600hp out of her?

OP, you should just say your trolling..this truck isn't for what you intended it to be used for from what your saying.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
How much would you say it costs to do that to our 6.2's? With labor and everything?

I'm dropping mine off at SVC in two weeks then wanted to squeeze some more power out of it but N/A as its better for off roading.. what do you think it would costs to make 600hp out of her?

OP, you should just say your trolling..this truck isn't for what you intended it to be used for from what your saying.

The Raptor R was running new cams and long tube headers was making a little over 500hp crank. That is what I would do for a I am thinking between 3-5k. Stroke and Bore and making it bullet proof you are most likely looking at close to 20k. SVC should give you a bunch of options. It is good to know that options are there.:beer:

The cheapest way is the blower. However once in the desert for hours you will be losing power based on heat soak.

Last edited:

TorchMach

Established Member
The Raptor R was running new cams and long tube headers was making a little over 500hp crank. That is what I would do for a I am thinking between 3-5k. Stroke and Bore and making it bullet proof you are most likely looking at close to 20k. SVC should give you a bunch of options. It is good to know that options are there.:beer:

The cheapest way is the blower. However once in the desert for hours you will be losing power based on heat soak.

The Raptor R sounds best for my use too. I go 2-3 hours of some heavy desert running so the blower would be a no go. cams, intake, headers and some head work should really wake it up.

I'll post some pics when I get it back from them and give you guys the rundown on prices and stuff for future mods..:beer:

Saleenrose

Established Member
If a person wants more power there are options to do, superchargers are easy to find and I just got contacted about a new turbo kit. I don't know how this would work in the desert but it is for those street truck that may never see off road. My truck in stock form with 300 miles on it put 330rwhp down on my dyno, not bad for a stock truck with 35" tires.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The Raptor R sounds best for my use too. I go 2-3 hours of some heavy desert running so the blower would be a no go. cams, intake, headers and some head work should really wake it up.

I'll post some pics when I get it back from them and give you guys the rundown on prices and stuff for future mods..:beer:

Let us know what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread