Ford GT 5.4L engines for sale

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
Cobra4pt6 said:
for $45 grand, i'd get a used '97 vette, forge the bottom end, put in heads/cam and a nice turbo setup and walk away from a ford GT all day long...........
yeah but it would still be a used 97 Vet worth less and less over time where as the 05GT will always be a 100K plus car
its exclusitivity owning the motorand stupidity buying one
for 45k lets see
1 o4 cobra 30K, 5k in mods, = +600hp that leaves 10k for future mods or for making 750+ hp withwith change keft over for several fine dining meals and several trips down the 1320 tarmac

rezcobra

Established Member
Y2K Roadster said:
I would think that the main reason that they are so much is because they are a Ford GT specific motor; but more than that, they are hand built!! BUt I do agree that that is rediculous to pay! If you think about it from my point of view; check this out: I could have an all forged C5R motor built WITH race ported C5R heads and have the entire drivetrain to match complete with all the boltons. North of 600RWHP and a very drivable car with an engine more powerful and more bulletproof than that GT motor...and I'm sure that you guys could do the same with a Ford race motor as well. It's all about prestige...and that is why people will buy that motor. Imagine a Boss Mustang from back in the day with that motor dropped in it...would probably fetch about 200k at Barret Jackson!!

A Katech C5 will set you back 26,000 and that is not a complete engine (no accessories). It will come putting out around 575 HP and not very streetable. Of course you can swap out for more a radical camshaft and make it even less streetable (impractical in fact with no N2O) and achieve your 600+ hp, thats assuming you got the 7.0L engine. For that reason most that have done high HP on those engines have mostly opted for a TT setup and Lingenfelter can set you up with one that is very streetable putting out about a thousand HP for no less than $46,000!!!! But the GT engines you see on Karkraft are priced for collectors mostly. If you just bought all the GT pieces and built one (identical to the GT) you would still spend 20,000+, just a guess. Based on the fact you can get the bare heads for around 3000 and the block should be about 5000 and all the interanls plus the supercharger setup, and pulleys, injectors etc.

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
icu812 said:
yeah but it would still be a used 97 Vet worth less and less over time where as the 05GT will always be a 100K plus car
its exclusitivity owning the motorand stupidity buying one
for 45k lets see
1 o4 cobra 30K, 5k in mods, = +600hp that leaves 10k for future mods or for making 750+ hp withwith change keft over for several fine dining meals and several trips down the 1320 tarmac
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DSGMach1

Established Member
NEW LOWER PRICE :

"$39,995.00 each very limited quantity!

take your choice, a new GT engine or a Lincoln Town Car for the same money!"

Users who are viewing this thread