Ford GT TT

FordGTGuy

Established Member
I know alot of you don't like Henessey but atleast they are making performance packages.

here

800 hp :mj: not bad it beats the Saleen S7 TT :fart: in power :beer:

I wonder whats next for this car.

BTW I'm new to this Forum but i'm a long time reader, sorry but I may not post as much as you guys seeing that I feel like an idiot since i'm not even ASE certified yet heh.

John @ HPE

Established Member
FordGTGuy said:
I know alot of you don't like Henessey but atleast they are making performance packages.

here

BTW I'm new to this Forum but i'm a long time reader, sorry but I may not post as much as you guys seeing that I feel like an idiot since i'm not even ASE certified yet heh.

The listing is for real. I have a customer with a GT who wants to pull the blower and twin turbo the car. We will see what happens.

FordGTGuy

Established Member
John @ HPE said:
The listing is for real. I have a customer with a GT who wants to pull the blower and twin turbo the car. We will see what happens.

cool keep us updated on that, man I would kill for a Ford GT. :bash:

Fourcam330

Established Member
FordGTGuy said:

here

I can't believe Hennessey is still in business. :shrug:

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
Who in Gods name would do business with that man, I wouldnt let his company touch mine if I had one. Id wait out for Rad Craig, hes the best bet for the perfect twin turbo system. Youd have to wait a little while though.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Jman20427 said:
Who in Gods name would do business with that man, I wouldnt let his company touch mine if I had one. Id wait out for Rad Craig, hes the best bet for the perfect twin turbo system. Youd have to wait a little while though.

Rad's putting twin 66s on my GT500.

Fourcam330

Established Member
50 BMG said:
Well that should be nothing but stupid fast.

Look forward to seeing it :D

Yeah I can't wait to start throwing even more $ into what appears to be an even larger and more complex black hole than the 98;-)
LOL, Rad's had one of my spare sets of GT heads for a few weeks now fabbing a custom lower/upper intake, even though he won't have my car until June/July of next year.
If you happen to know of anyone that wants a close to 0 mile takeout GT500 shortblock (or the entire motor for that matter) please let me know :D

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Rad's putting twin 66s on my GT500.

Good Choice :thumbsup:

Are you looking for it to be streetable or just f'in go? Obviously the twins are the best bet for streetability but I was wondering as far as cam and stall selection.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Jman20427 said:
Good Choice :thumbsup:

Are you looking for it to be streetable or just f'in go? Obviously the twins are the best bet for streetability but I was wondering as far as cam and stall selection.

I hate automatics, so I'm going to need a serious clutch; D&D will take care of that. Eventually I'll need to swap over to a Viper T56 as in the 98. I already have a race gas car so I need this one to be "daily driver" streetable even though I don't plan on driving it in shitty weather or during the winter. With twin 66s, and the fact I've already got a drum of 110 in the garage, it won't be hard to make four figure power should I feel the need. The pump gas goal is to make the maximum amount of power the car can put to the ground "reliably"--meaning ~800-850rwhp/tq on 93/94 with a billet rod/CP piston, GT shortblock. Twin 66s will make full boost at around 3000-3500rpm and are capable of over 1400HP--which also happens to be the power limit of a stock forged 5.4 crank. Any more power or rpm in excess of 7500 and you'll need a custom billet crank ($3000+).
Ben Avery's TT GT head 5.4 03 Cobra is coming together nicely. His car will showcase the potential of such a motor much sooner than mine--look for it in the next few months. Rad isn't doing his kit, but I've heard his installers are top notch.
Al Papitto will be prepping/assembling the heads with a full port & Serdi 5 angle VJ with hand blend, bronze guides, his prostock bike dual spring kit (stock springs are ultra reliable but can only take 7000rpm and ~.510" lift, the prostock bike kit has been tested to .550" lift and 13,500rpm without failure), custom valves, and custom Crower cams. I don't want to have to break the seal on this mutha for years :beer:

Last edited:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I like how you can "checkout" 800HP in your shopping cart.....:lol:

800HP? How would you like to pay? lol

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
I hate automatics, so I'm going to need a serious clutch; D&D will take care of that. Eventually I'll need to swap over to a Viper T56 as in the 98. I already have a race gas car so I need this one to be "daily driver" streetable even though I don't plan on driving it in shitty weather or during the winter. With twin 66s, and the fact I've already got a drum of 110 in the garage, it won't be hard to make four figure power should I feel the need. The pump gas goal is to make the maximum amount of power the car can put to the ground "reliably"--meaning ~800-850rwhp/tq on 93/94 with a billet rod/CP piston, GT shortblock. Twin 66s will make full boost at around 3000-3500rpm and are capable of over 1400HP--which also happens to be the power limit of a stock forged 5.4 crank. Any more power or rpm in excess of 7500 and you'll need a custom billet crank ($3000+).
Ben Avery's TT GT head 5.4 03 Cobra is coming together nicely. His car will showcase the potential of such a motor much sooner than mine--look for it in the next few months. Rad isn't doing his kit, but I've heard his installers are top notch.
Al Papitto will be prepping/assembling the heads with a full port & Serdi 5 angle VJ with hand blend, bronze guides, his prostock bike dual spring kit (stock springs are ultra reliable but can only take 7000rpm and ~.510" lift, the prostock bike kit has been tested to .550" lift and 13,500rpm without failure), custom valves, and custom Crower cams. I don't want to have to break the seal on this mutha for years :beer:

Sounds durrrrty :thumbsup:

Seriously though, props to you for making it a six-speed. I dont know alot of others who want a 1,000 BHP manual car. Most change their minds half-way through. Ben Averys set-up sounds like a dream set-up of mine. Are you getting your heads tested on the bench? If so, Id like to know what they put out if you dont mind. Cant wait to see that thing go!

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Ditto!

Nuckin futz all around on that setup 4cam. I'll be watching that one :D

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Jman20427 said:

well.. from what I know, Mr Hennessey has cleaned up his act, taken care of the "bad business" in the past with atleast one man that had paid him to modify his car, by paying back the money that was paid in advance for work that wasn't performed.. so IMHO he's "good to go"

Would I have John Hennessey work on a car of mine, yes if I had the money.. (I don't of course) but that's besides the point..

Fourcam330

Established Member
Jman20427 said:
Sounds durrrrty :thumbsup:

Seriously though, props to you for making it a six-speed. I dont know alot of others who want a 1,000 BHP manual car. Most change their minds half-way through. Ben Averys set-up sounds like a dream set-up of mine. Are you getting your heads tested on the bench? If so, Id like to know what they put out if you dont mind. Cant wait to see that thing go!

Thanks for the kind words guys. Race ported GT/R heads can flow 370-390cfm intake, 310-330cfm exhaust @ .500" lift. Again the major restriction is the valve seats/valves, just as in any other Modular head.

Users who are viewing this thread