Ford GT500 Performance Packs

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
So who here is going to order one or both of the performance packs for their GT500 when they order it??? Ford is supposed to offer them just like the ones you can get for the regular GT, a handling pack, power pack and drag pack. The handling pack will be a great way to get rid of the "ass in the air" stance and the drag pack should combine all the popular power increasing mods (ie CAI, headers, gears, exhaust, and a tune). If I can afford it I know I will, one stop shopping I always say!!! :-D

chuckstang

Established Member
ya and bye bye warranty :)
but that would be awsome if they grew some balls and made it not void your warranty

Mach1Fun

Established Member
chuckstang said:
ya and bye bye warranty :)
but that would be awsome if they grew some balls and made it not void your warranty

The Ford-branded Power Packs void their own warranty? I had not heard that.

As far as the option of ordering them with the car - it is not an option that I have seen, and I've ordered 5 so far for my customers. Most ARE already ordered... Perhaps there is a new ordering guide out.

Jon
mach1fun

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
I'm guessing it will be a Ford offered dealer option. If that's the case...warranty will be in tact.

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
Don't hold your breath on that one...Ford has turned into a regime of warranty Nazi's since the Terminator. I don't see them cutting any breaks on the new car, Ford parts or not. Racing is racing in their eyes. And to them car modifications = racing and/or abuse of the vehicle. I will be shocked if otherwise.

broeli

Established Member
This question was already answered by a Ford exec. The performance packs WILL void the warranty. They are dealer installed. IF you have a cool dealer and regional rep though they might still honor warranty claims...and not let Ford know it was modded :)

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
They don't simply void your warranty, but if you have anything go wrong with the vehicle, and they suspect it was caused by any of the modifications (Ford or otherwise), then yes, that failure isn't going to be covered.

For example, if you have the drag pac installed, then later your radio quits functioning... It's still covered. But if your transmission starts to grind... You're SOL.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
An exhaust mod could cause you to turn up the radio louder, causing undue stress thus voiding the radio warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread