Ford Racing GT500 Mufflers for 5.0

mach1gsxr

Established Member
Ford Racing M-5230-MGTCA1 Axleback Exhaust Kit for '11 and up Mustang GT. I purchased this at the beginning of the year and used it on my 5.0. The car sounded great with just this and an Airaid intake. Selling for $220 shipped or $200 picked up. Located in Austin, TX.

Also selling Airaid MXP in another thread.

Can you do 180 picked up? I can go get them tomorrow. Call or text me at 2ten-591-916seven.

cobra1718

Established Member
Why selling? Im thinking of getting these
chuck I just installed these on my car and they sound great. They are just a bit louder than stock. Kinda like the oval magnaflow. I came from the Roush so the gt500's are somewhat quieter with a good tone. IF that helps any. I personally want more and just purchased some stock exhaust pipes off a member here to cut the resonators out for more volume

chuckstang

Established Member
chuck I just installed these on my car and they sound great. They are just a bit louder than stock. Kinda like the oval magnaflow. I came from the Roush so the gt500's are somewhat quieter with a good tone. IF that helps any. I personally want more and just purchased some stock exhaust pipes off a member here to cut the resonators out for more volume

Do they 11/12 GT500s come with resonators like our cars?

I have heard the GT500 mufflers with no resonators on our cars and it sounds great but where do you buy the piping to replace the resonators and do you know if there is a bolt in kit or do they all require some cutting and then welding?

cobra1718

Established Member
Do they 11/12 GT500s come with resonators like our cars?

I have heard the GT500 mufflers with no resonators on our cars and it sounds great but where do you buy the piping to replace the resonators and do you know if there is a bolt in kit or do they all require some cutting and then welding?
no I know they dont come on 07-09 not sure of the 10-12. I am getting the resonators cut out of the pipes I bought and have a pipe welded in. when I sell I can put my old pipes back on

Users who are viewing this thread