Foxbody shocks/struts (What brand?)

STOUT-281

Established Member
I'm looking into new shocks/struts for my blown fox. It currently rides like a bobsled and I HATE it! It has a cage, subframe connectors, and drag springs with bag in the rear. Honestly, I'd like it to be a little taller in the rear. I've been considering the Lakewood 70/30 struts and 50/50 shocks in the rear with a set of BBK-2510 Gripp Progressive Rate springs. Any suggestions? Anyone running the Lakewoods? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I MUST find a smoother ride!

This is how the car currently sits:
309713_10150416433038234_682458233_8513029_696137794_n.jpg

wheelhopper

Established Member
Are you trying to keep it more of a drag oriented suspension or street. I am guessing by the looks of the car you don't plan to run it on a road course. It would help to know what you really use the car for. If you drag race it once a month or once a year, it would make a difference on what I would recomend.

STOUT-281

Established Member
My end result will be a street driven, mostly drag car. Here's a little info on its current state...

-Caged
-Subframe connectors
-S-Trim
-Professional Products Typhoon intake
-Longtubes
-Aeromotive rails, stealth pump, regulator
-Wolfe Racecreaft mini tub
-Team Z rear coilover mounting kit
-In the middle of converting to E85

My longterm goal is to have a stout drag car that I can still drive to local shows/tracks. I'd like if it didn't ride like a complete pile of shit.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Tokico, I am running KYBs and I like them, but I will be upgrading this year.

93sspcoupe

Established Member
im running the non adjustable kyb shocks and struts. ive cut 1.61 sixty foots with em, and it rides smooth. my friend has the adjustable kyb shocks and struts and likes them

DRCjasper

Established Member
You could use an adjustable shock/strut like a tokico illumina. That's what I'm planning to use so I can adjust the stiffness of the ride.

I agree with adjustables for your street/strip setup. I have strange engineering adjustables but many people have said they like the Tokiko as well.

STOUT-281

Established Member
Anyone know if Tokico sells a kit for the fox? I've ran the Tokico Illumina 5-way adjustable on both my 95 and 04. Loved them.

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
Good performance and ride, then go coilover in the front at a minimum. My car is more set up for roadracing and people expect it to ride like a broncing buck. The coilovers soak up bumps very well. On the rear I run a H&R race, but with a good Bilstien HD shock. The key is to get a good matching shock and spring combo. Tokico and bilstien both have kits for springs and strut/shocks. I like the bilstiens because it is rebuildable and when it is time to send them in, you can get them revalved more suited to your vehicle.

PACOS50

Pacos50
Established Member
I've used the Tokico D-Specs before with the UPR Eibach sport line springs and they were excellent on my street/strip coupe, I am planning on the same set up on my GT. Hopefully I get the same result, it had a really nice stance and rode/handled really good.

Users who are viewing this thread