FR500 Exhaust??

DeadLurker

Established Member
There was an article in a old issue of MM&FF about how they gained like over 10rwhp just from the catback....it's the one they did on a black 99 or 01 cobra that belonged to a police officer...i'll see if i can find the article.

-dead

DeadLurker

Established Member
OKay I found it ..it's in the January 2002 MMFF p231-235....but it was tested on a 01 cobra.

The end result was a gain of 13.6 rwhp and 15.1 rwtq

MG01

Established Member
FR500 Cat back exhaust

Anyone have the Ford part # for this product. The Ford parts guy at my local dealership had no clue when I asked him about this.

Thanks in advance.

CbrCpe

Established Member
Re: FR500 Cat back exhaust

Originally posted by MG01
Anyone have the Ford part # for this product. The Ford parts guy at my local dealership had no clue when I asked him about this.

Thanks in advance.
You buy it from any FRPP(Ford Racing Performance Parts) Dealer. I've had mine for ~year & a half...get one, you'll love it.

I bot mine at click here M5230M58

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
I know this has been asked way too much, but what does it sound like through the stock cats? Anybody got a sound file link?

CbrCpe

Established Member
Originally posted by Traveler
I know this has been asked way too much, but what does it sound like through the stock cats? Anybody got a sound file link?
This is what mine sounds like. I took the recording last year w/ a monotone digicamera...actually sounds much better in realtime.
click here...Fr500 Catback Sounds

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
What kind of X/H pipe was this with? I really like the sound of your car!! How is it for highway cruising? My ears are getting too old for heavy exhaust drone. :-D

CbrCpe

Established Member
Originally posted by Traveler
What kind of X/H pipe was this with? I really like the sound of your car!! How is it for highway cruising? My ears are getting too old for heavy exhaust drone. :-D
Too LOUD...too quiet...just right...descrptions of sounds are just too subjective..LOL...I can asure you if it was " LOUD ", it wouldn't be on my Cobra.

You will be moving more air because your're going form 2 1/4" 'crimped' pipes to 2 1/2" mandrel bent pipes, so it will be louder than oem.

The FRPP catback noticably changes it pitch around 4500rpms...
takes the pitch up a notch or two...more like a howl.

I have a 2 1/2" VRS x-pipe w/cats. Very good quality & exceptional customer service. I would recommend it.

Last edited:

CbrCpe

Established Member
Originally posted by SlvrSnke01
Hey Cobra Coupe,
Do you have any dyno #'s with this exhaust set-up. I already have the FR-500 and unsure whether to an H or X.
Thanks
Nope, didn't bother to re-dyno. The catback is probably worth 8-10rwhp sae corrected...an x or h, maybe 2-3hp. I like sound of x-pipe better, and I believe the x will out preform the h at high rpms...

Users who are viewing this thread