Friends 99 Cobra made 622 rwhp!

TRY2PAZ

Established Member
Nope,
Its was built by HCI in Sacramento, CA. The stock engine made 540 with ice in the aftercooler. He blew a rod, so he built the bleock, and lowered the compression. Going to the track in a couple weeks:D

pichon244

Banned
622??????? Yea right!

What kind of supercharger are u running and how much PSI are u pushing through???? I don't buy it!!!!

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
With some serious boost,that number isn't the least bit unrealistic. He has a built motor so odds are it has some cams and maybe some head work. With 16-18 pounds of boost and an aggressive tune on the motor that number is attainable.

pichon244

Banned
622RWHP---only

if that engine is heavily rebuilt----because an aluminum cobra engine in a 2001 can't handle 16-18 psi without some serious replacement parts.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
ya, thats harolds cobra....hes tight....in the 98cobra.com 1st annual car show, him and i got first and second place in our catagory. and i was at the last 98cobra.com meeting before that car show, but i didnt have my front air splitter then. hes tight, awsome cobra. great guy.....and ya, hes running with a solid-rear axle....bassani offroad xpipe, and bassani catback...stock suspension from looks of me, except the live-axle.

-marek

Last edited:

TRY2PAZ

Established Member
Look at the link above, picture #7 says it all.
He has a built solid rear witha Viper T-56, Mccloud clutch. He is running 14 lbs of boost. When he made 622, it was w/o ice in the aftercooler. When we added ice, it had belt slippage, and the hp went down. He was also on 100 octane.

SMOKE

Old School ROUSH
Established Member
Whoah!

That's hp for ya ...... awesoem set-up.
Could there be too much power to put down in street trim?

Users who are viewing this thread