FRPP 5.0L Forged and boost friendly Crate Motor

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
I searched and didn't find this anywhere so I'm posting this up if everyone haven't seen this. I think this is a great deal for a fully forged low compression coyote!

Ford Racing Performance Parts
--------
Ford Racing's 5.0L Mustang "Aluminator" crate engine is a modern 5.0L 32-valve DOHC V-8 that uses advanced features like Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) to deliver big power. Unlike the factory 5.0L engine, the "Aluminator" is built with low compression forged pistons and H-beam connecting rods to meet the demands of forced induction.

Fits 2011-2012 Mustang GT
5.0L (302 cubic inches)
9.5:1 low compression ratio (nominal)
Mahle Hard Anodized forged pistons with Graphal low friction coating
Manley H-beam connecting rods with ARP bolts
Boss 302 valve springs, part no: M-6513-M50BR, provides higher seat open pressure for supercharged applicationsLightweight aluminum cylinder block, part no: M-6010-A50L4V, features cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick main bearing bulkheads for bottom-end strength
Piston-cooling jets, optimized oil drainback and windage control improve high-rpm performance
Large sump oil pan with 8qt capacity
Tuned composite intake manifold provides efficient air delivery and weight savings
80 mm single bore "drive by wire" throttlebody
Four-valve-per-cylinder aluminum heads with roller-finger followers reduce friction
Includes manual transmission engine harness and flywheel
Vehicle harness and PCM not included
Includes machined front cover for Ford Racing Supercharger FEAD system
Features colder, heat range 0 spark plugs for supercharging, part no: M-12405-M50
Includes Ford Racing oil filter, part no: M-6731-FL820
Use our NEW wiring, PCM and installation kit M-6017-A504V designed for street rod/project car installation.
Does not include alternator, for alternator kit see M-8600-M50ALT
Remote Mount Filter Adapter M-6881-M50 available for applications requiring oil filter relocation
Engine mount bosses and bellhousing mount pattern common to 4.6L modular engines.
NOTE: Due to 9.5:1 compression ratio, custom tuning is required for optimum performance
Shown with optional 5.0L Mustang engine cover kit, Part No: M-9680-M50

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I wonder if you somehow blew your factory coyote engine under warranty if you could somehow have them replace it with this? :D (semi-kidding semi-serious)

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
i like the 11.1 compression on the factory motor. if you want more boost all you would need is e85.

cobra199711

Established Member
Interesting

I don't see why anyone would want to lower the compression. All indications right now are that it totally ruins performance. Look at how the one lowered compression blown car that is constantly spammed on the forums performs. Lowered compression, cams, ported heads, boost cranked way higher, and still getting spanked by stock engined blown cars.

I would be one piss.. off son of bit.. if I spent that kind of money for basically no increase in performance.

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
I don't see why anyone would want to lower the compression. All indications right now are that it totally ruins performance. Look at how the one lowered compression blown car that is constantly spammed on the forums performs. Lowered compression, cams, ported heads, boost cranked way higher, and still getting spanked by stock engined blown cars.

That sounds like something is wrong to me. with more boost and timing you should be making WAY more power and obviously faster than the stock boosted car :shrug:

2011fiveliter

Established Member
With this motor, you could run 22-25psi of boost. Can't do that with a stock coyote motor. I think it would be a good buy for someone look high boosted application.

2011fiveliter

Established Member
I think that would be the whole issue. This motor would solve pretty much all the worries about blowing up. I know all motors can blow up. But, you get the point. A fully built motor on boost, versus a stock motor on boost. I would think this motor with high amount of boost would net u better than high 9's. I would think maybe down to the low 9's or high 8's Didn't Evolution Performance put their built 5.0 in the 8's.

chrisheltra

Established Member
How many stock motors have you guys seen blow up due to stock compression and boost? Not many if I remember correctly.

Id stick with what I have.

kevinp

Established Member

I wouldnt base anything on a single car, sometimes too many cooks in the kitchen..

Of course if your compressor is limited on how much it can flow lowering compression can hurt you. Cranking up the blower makes more heat so it could be a wash unless it can keep up efficiently.

But I agree, unless you are building a really high power setup (1000hp+) with a big blower or turbo I'm not sure I would drop the compression much. On a street car low speed tractability will suffer for sure. Obviously the new 5.0 is designed pretty well and can take a fair amount of boost on pump gas with stock compression. Myself I would buy the stock compression version that is supposed to be available too.

Users who are viewing this thread